Paul Lucas color conundrums

occa

The only other article in the CC series prior to the Dec '15 "A Malta Story Pt.1 Operation Newman 4-13 April 42", listed on the cover as "CC Spitfires to Malts Part 1", is:

June '03.  Post war Beaufighter Schemes; written by David Howley.

There are a few other articles by Paul Lucas that I've noted in the SAM indices:

May '00.  Introducing RAF Camouflage 

April '15. Scale Colour File Boulton Paul Defiant 

May '15.  Scale Colour File Boulton Paul Defiant

July '15.  Forgotten Few 2

Oct '15.  Forgotten Few 4

There's also a number of readers letters referring to the early CCs.

• Thanks 2

Thanks again everybody !!

It's more complicated than I thought, best would be the CCs are all together released into a booklet or two.

• Like 3

Yesterday, I was going through some older MAM issues and there were some Lucas articles in them. these were from 2007. No Colour Corundums but some good stuff, for sure.

Chris

• Like 1

You’re right about the ‘Good stuff’ Chris. I finally found Paul’s British B-17 Fortress article in a copy of MAM August 2007. This has already been mentioned above. The bad thing is that I started reading it, remembered I had an Academy kit in the stash and looked at the GB calendar to see a STGB is scheduled to start in October. It doesn’t take much to get me started!! 

Cheers.. Dave. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 6 months later...
On 6/29/2018 at 9:26 PM, occa said:

Hello everybody,

Martin

If this is the period of interest, you could also look for these:

Lucas, Paul, The Battle of Britain—RAF: May to December 1940 (Scale Aircraft Monographs, Camouflage & Markings, 2; Guideline Publications, N.D. [2000])

Lucas, Paul, RAF Fighters 1945-1950 Overseas Based (Scale Aircraft Monographs, Camouflage & Markings, 5; Guideline Publications, N.D. [2002]).I do not know if they are still to be found.