Hitachi ZC 50 Road Roller

Hitachi ZC50C-5

Vibratory Combined Roller

Hasegawa 1/35

Just finished this one from Hasegawa's construction machinery series. I picked it up mainly as I thought it would be a fun build and would provide ample opportunity for weathering, which proved to be correct on both counts. It was built straight from the box as there's nothing really that needs adding. The level of detail and parts fit are just about perfect. It's also pretty cheap too, if ordered direct from Japan. There are several other vehicles in the range (see @Kallisti 's excellent Zaxis excavator build), so I'll probably be doing more of these in the future.

42356339364_7d25b052cd_b.jpg

41264204650_65bafcdca9_b.jpg

42356336524_640339ef0b_b.jpg

41264200930_5f198f7c11_b.jpg

42356333324_660661c831_b.jpg

42356330834_699f4d6e36_b.jpg

29202885438_190c22e496_b.jpg

42170174475_9f20de7a9d_b.jpg

42170177525_3bb08674f3_b.jpg

43075415781_36732dc5f5_b.jpg

42170180715_d2ecf1a81f_b.jpg

41264182920_47e10527b3_b.jpg

Thanks for looking

Andy:cat:

• Like 26

Wow that looks incredible, I particularly like the pitted rust effect on the front roller and they dirt spattering inside and on the central bit of the roller, plus the fuel spillage. 

Where did you find such a HUGE bottle of paint from? :)

I'm going to have pick one these up myself at some point soon!

• Like 1

This is simply magnificent Andy . I bought your flicrkr photos up on my telly to look at, and spent the next part of fifteen minutes looking at them . The more you look at them, the more you see, just as a model should be . Just magnificent modelling at every level

Regards

Bruce 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pacificmustang said:

The more you look at them, the more you see, just as a model should be

Thanks Bruce. The kit is packed with detail, so the credit goes to Hasegawa really.

I forgot to mention the decals in the intro, but they're excellent and all the data placards and warning signs really add to the look of the finished model.

• Like 2

That looks marvellous, I enjoyed the WIP pics on Flickr but that extra layer of dust and dirt around the bottom of the chassis really brings it together.

I was expecting it to be small since I'd seen it with the driver figure, but I wasn't expecting it to be quite *that* small. Nice work, you really can't tell until you see the paint pot.

Will

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AndyRM101 said:

Thanks Kallisti. Hasegawa do a second version of this one now, with an additional roller in place of the rear wheels.

Andy :cat:

Just ordered it for a grand total of £21 INCLUDING POSTAGE!!!! :) I love HLJ :D

• Like 1

That's brilliant Andy, I'm sure Hasegawa would sell more if they used your photos of the built kit instead of the ones they do. Mind you most if not all Hasegawa photos of their kits built up that they use are rubbish

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kallisti said:

Just ordered it for a grand total of £21 INCLUDING POSTAGE!!!! :) I love HLJ :D

Plus vat and the £8 Royal mail ransom if you have the bad luck of being picked out at customs

54 minutes ago, colin said:

Plus vat and the £8 Royal mail ransom if you have the bad luck of being picked out at customs

I've never been hit with VAT on anything under £35-£40, despite being over the official threshold. As long as it's sent standard delivery, and it isn't too large, it generally doesn't attract any attention.

I got the roller at the same price as Kallisti and it was delivered in about a week with no problems.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AndyRM101 said:

I've never been hit with VAT on anything under £35-£40, despite being over the official threshold. As long as it's sent standard delivery, and it isn't too large, it generally doesn't attract any attention.

I got the roller at the same price as Kallisti and it was delivered in about a week with no problems.

You must have been very luckey, had quite a lot of stuff from hlj and if it's over the £15 limit you can get hit

One time £1.74 over and vat plus £8 other times £60 kit and nothing, luck of the draw all sent standard delivery too.

If you use their private warehouse to put it in then move it to delivery and then pay the delivery charge seperate, the delivery costs don't get put on the custom decleration paperwork, that can help

I will say though, if you haven't ordered something from them for quite a while the first order tends to get through, if you then order a few more things close together that's when you can get hit, seems to flag up on customs it's a regular thing and they look closer imho

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Damn, just the first pic made me think that's a real photo ! Then the last one with the paint pot just blows me away !

I assume we're not allowed to swear on this forum, otherwise I'd be letting loose right now !

Awesome job Andy. A weathered masterpiece !

• Like 1

I'm a massive fan of your work Andy and this piece just re-enforces my admiration for your work in modeling and in your presentation and photography. A true inspiration!

Cheers

Brian

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...