1/72 Aki resin Firebrand OOB

That is a stunning build, mate. A fantastic testament to what can be produced in "the gentleman's scale". Who needs 1/48 and bigger! Well done. Oh, a great subject too!

if you don't top the Likes chart with that I'm a chinaman! ;)

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wow these Aki resin kits look really good and you have made a beautiful job of putting this Firebrand together - I think they did a Sea Fury too but I'm guessing they are no longer available? - very neat

CJP

A jaw-dropping display of superb modelling! The subtle hints of weathering add just enough to make the airframe come alive.

The full size Firebrand was apparently not a similar success, according to Captain Eric Brown: "short of performance, sadly lacking in manoeuvrability, especially in rate of roll" and "a disaster as a deck-landing aircraft".

A work of art (the model, that is)!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Excellent model with a superb finish. Remember seeing the kit a while back, but with two young ones it was a bit beyond my means. I have the recent CMR one now, which is pretty comprehensive looking. 

That's is seriously good Firebrand. Everything about the build looks exceptionally well done. Certainly amongst the best 1/72 models I have seen.

Well done!

Very well done, there's some quality craftsmanship on display here. Thanks for the subtle weathering, too, especially on the underside. I like it a lot! I have the CMR resin Firebrand in my stash and I'll get to it some day. I also have the Aki Sea Fury - what a beautiful kit. I assume the Aki Firebrand is similar, with the resin parts cast on runners like an injection moulded kit?

Cheers,

Bill

Can't top what the others have posted, but I am in 100% agreement! One of the best 1/72 builds I have seen of any era. From everything I have read and seen regarding the Aki kits, I am now very sorry I didn't get this one and especially the Sea Fury. Guess my CMR resin Firebrand will have to do for the late version and the Valom injected kit for the earlier variant. Perfect amount of weathering and the TSS colors are spot-on, to my eye! Well done, sir!

Mike