New Beluga revealed

The face improves an aircraft that already didn't look too wrong, unlike the converted Boeing 747 which to my eye would only need a lick of paint to look like a giant hot dog.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Aeronut said:

The face improves an aircraft that already didn't look too wrong, unlike the converted Boeing 747 which to my eye would only need a lick of paint to look like a giant hot dog.

A delicacy that tastes even worse than it looks!!😅. I got to thinking , Hey! Maybe Revell can dig out and reissue the old Beluga kit! Then I read the bit about this one being 6 metres longer and 1 metre wider.!! Ah well!

Allan

2 hours ago, Albeback52 said:

A delicacy that tastes even worse than it looks!!😅. I got to thinking , Hey! Maybe Revell can dig out and reissue the old Beluga kit! Then I read the bit about this one being 6 metres longer and 1 metre wider.!! Ah well!

Allan

Based on the A330 rather than the A300, so quite different

1 hour ago, Dave Fleming said:

Based on the A330 rather than the A300, so quite different

Just a tad !:lol:. That'll teach me to read things properly! Should've gone to Specsavers!

Allan

• Like 1

It's a proven concept that's been translated to a larger airframe, and looking at the footage of the older airframe you can see that it's quite a bit bigger.  Loved the little Beluga face on the front though ^_^

Can't wait to see it overhead - do we know when it'll be in service?  I've not read the article yet.  Reading is hard, and I'm knackered :tired:

Belay that - 2019, although we may see it this summer.  It's almost the only interesting air traffic we get to see here, with the occasional Tornado, Wokka, Merlin and Apache thrown in, plus a once-in-a-lifetime Viggen a couple of years ago. :inlove: