Vickers Wellington Mk.IA/C now in stock at Airfix.com

John

Any hints in the kit that a Mk X would be a possible release from Airfix? That's the only version I'm really after as 99 Sqn used them in India.

Mike.

Just got my kits direct from Airfix and I am very impressed by what's in the box. I did note that the fuselage has flashed over holes for the four stickleback antenna of the GR Mk.VIII and there is a score line for removing the nose to accommodate fitting the turret-less nose appropriate for some aircraft of this variant. And there is a score line to remove the rear turret, which would mean the Mk.III and turret-less Mk.Is are possibilities. The latter has never been kitted in any scale.

Edited by VMA131Marine
  • Thanks 1

The seperate engine sprue hints at Merlin and Hercules versions to come. (Supported by the Merlin visible on the CAD images released when the kit was announced). The guessing game will be which version will appear in 2019, 2020, 2021............

I'm not intending to get this any time soon due to different priorities, but the secondary school I went to is the same Jimmy Ward taught at before going to war. There's a memorial display (including a dio of the original Airfix Wimpy and Bf110) including with facsimiles of his logbook and medals, and the main hall is named in his memory, so I think you can guess which option I'll build!

I'm excited to see builds of this lovely-looking kit populate the WIP and RFI threads.

• Like 2

Just received mine; for once I didn't pre-order, not sure why...

Wow this kit is just sublime. It looks truly beautiful unassembled in the box and if, as i fully expect, this kit goes together as well as it looks then Airfix have created a miniature masterpiece of this iconic aircraft. A type I have always thought to be somehow synonymous with Airfix. If this is where the bar is set I for one will be very happy.  A great job guys - long may you continue! :thumbsup:

Rich