This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Jonners

Scratchbuilt 1/144 Avro Bison 1A

Completely agree with the others: that is a really super model, especially as it is in the braille scale. I do like the prop - excellent piece of carving.

P

Well done! Great outcome- I love watching stuff like this come together! 👍👍👍

Righto, lines added to chocks so calling this one finished.  

20181010_080122

I had intended to join pairs of chocks together, but lost patience with trying to get the cotton to attach to the second chock, and I haven't yet come up with a suitably-scaled drip tray.  More pics will be added in the RFI section.

I think my next project - undoubtedly also over a ridiculously long timescale due the impact of real life - will probably be to resurrect this previously-abandoned 1:144 scratchbuild:

20181010_080414

Any guesses?

Jon

Is it a Hyderabad or a Hinadi?

Love the Bison btw, I reckon the only suitable stablemate for it would be a Blackburn Dart :)

31 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Is it a Hyderabad or a Hinadi?

Love the Bison btw, I reckon the only suitable stablemate for it would be a Blackburn Dart :)

Neither of those two, Marklo, but coincidentally one of them is in pieces in a box on my desk - another previously-abandoned scratchbuild that I will eventually get round to finishing!

I’m certainly toying with the idea of a Dart scratchbuild, though I would probably go for a company floatplane trainer rather than a Royal Navy aircraft. My preference, though, is for prototypes that didn’t make it into service (like the ‘mystery machine’ above!) and there are plenty of those to choose from!  Perhaps a Hawker Hedgehog, or an Armstrong Whitworth Wolf, or...

Jon

If you're into obscure, I came across the Westland Interceptor the other night in a book I'm currently reading on the RAF. It was a contender for the contract that resulted in the Hawker Fury and I think it's a beauty. It just might be a bit minute in 1/144.