Scratchbuilt 1/144 Avro Bison 1A

Righto, lines added to chocks so calling this one finished. Ā 

Ā 

20181010_080122

Ā 

I had intended to join pairs of chocks together, but lost patience with trying to get the cotton to attach to the second chock, and I haven't yet come up with a suitably-scaled drip tray. Ā More pics will be added in the RFI section.

Ā 

I think my next project - undoubtedly also over a ridiculously long timescale due the impact of real life - will probably be to resurrect this previously-abandoned 1:144 scratchbuild:

Ā 

20181010_080414

Ā 

Any guesses?

Ā 

Jon

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Is it a Hyderabad or a Hinadi?

Ā 

Love the Bison btw, I reckon the only suitable stablemate for it would be a Blackburn Dart :)

Ā 

Neither of those two, Marklo, but coincidentally one of them is in pieces in a box on my desk - another previously-abandoned scratchbuild that I will eventually get round to finishing!

Ā 

Iā€™m certainly toying with the idea of a Dart scratchbuild, though I would probably go for a company floatplane trainer rather than a Royal Navy aircraft. My preference, though, is for prototypes that didnā€™t make it into service (like the ā€˜mystery machineā€™ above!) and there are plenty of those to choose from! Ā Perhaps a Hawker Hedgehog, or an Armstrong Whitworth Wolf, or...

Ā 

Jon