1\48 F4D-1 Skyray

Hi.....the Skyray will be my next subject.....same after and  decals......I've started with cockpit dryfit and ejection seat modification to achive a MB P5A and I've opened the bottom gun exhaust ........Ciao from Italy!😉

d138a453-ad40-41e5-b2bd-3c5b4cc543ea.jpg

22a06e4f-0cbc-4cd5-a3d7-b767f9fc4ffe.jpg1a9c63f4-07b2-4bb9-8078-b333edbe3cdd.jpgfe5f9500-ba23-4cc8-905a-5ce47a93eb1d.jpg

b3fcdc88-a9ee-43e4-bbbd-f5e252c6bc9b.jpg37e95483-c4c3-4788-b4a5-e6da708d9ee8.jpg13cea8bc-f305-422b-a37a-07dd419021ee.jpg

60fdae8f-a82f-4efc-92d5-cab720889cef.jpg

• Like 11

On ‎6‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 12:33 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Mind if i have a seat and take some notes. :popcorn: Ive been wanting to do a ford(F4d) for awhile in VF-74 markings. 

Hello Cousin,

Cool idea !! I love VF 74 too, did you know of a Be devilers decal sheet ??

Hello Enrywar !

Really good idea, I have the same kit both Tamiya and CMK

So, I'll take a seat near the bar !!

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

• Like 1

6 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Cool idea !! I love VF 74 too, did you know of a Be devilers decal sheet ??

Hello Cousin .. I know Furball did a sheet in 1/48th a few years back, called “Fast Fords”.  

jkevL5R.jpg

The VF-74 Be-Devilers is fourth down on the right side in the photo. 

However in real life they wore both red and yellow lightning bolts. 

MdQLPj5.jpg

JTDNusC.jpg

The Furball sheet is out of production and I’ve had little to no luck finding them. I wish you better luck. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of the most beautiful aircraft ever built. The resin seat looks well detailed, but also looks like a Martin Baker  and I thought that the Ford had an American designed seat.

Watching with interest 

John

• Like 1

Hello Dears,

If anyone need infos, I have Naval Fighter serie about the Ford.

I will have a look about the Bang seat, I also have The Linberg one, based on the prototype of the F4D :bangin:

And Yes, the Day I'll start it that will be the 2 of them !!

Gonna be Fuuunnnnyyyy !!

The same stand for the F7U :bangin::bangin:

Have a good modelling time.

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Biggles87 said:

One of the most beautiful aircraft ever built. The resin seat looks well detailed, but also looks like a Martin Baker  and I thought that the Ford had an American designed seat.

Watching with interest 

John

Yes John...the early Skyray had a Douglas seat....then was replaced with a MB P5a 😉

http://tailspintopics.blogspot.com/2010/10/bat-out-of-hell.html

• Thanks 2

I am liking the Martin Baker seat.

I'm not sure if this sort of thing concerns you, but there's been some discussion over the last month or so that planes like the A3D, F3H, F7U, and F4D that were in production during the 1955 transition from gloss sea blue to light gray were not light *gull* gray. The Federal Standard system had been established but it hadn't yet been applied to Navy planes. My understanding is the early Navy jets used an ANA colour that was less brown than Light Gull gray. Also in the beginning the areas under the leading edge slats were not painted white.

My suggestion is that you look at as many colour photos as you can, and see if you draw the same conclusion.

-d-

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Robert,the ejection seat should be a Neomega MB mk4......

....I've also started with airbrush......I hate the decals.....when possible I paint.....

bcfb292c-008e-494d-a48f-bd569752419c.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Enrywar67,

Great work 👍

That CMK bang seat really came out sharp.

I apologize for asking this question, but could you list what brand of paint you used for the White and Gull Grey🙏 Sorry if you had already have 🙄

BTW : Thank you for posting this build, I have a Ford (F4D) myself and your techniques are awesome 😎 

All The Best,

Mr.Happy (In name only)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...