Spooky! Italeri AC-47D Gunship 1/72

This is my latest, the Italeri AC-47D gunship in 1/72. I built this pretty much OOB with the exception of the decals. The kit was better then average for Italeri with mostly good fit and recessed panel lines. My one comment is that the kit instructions show putting the last gun in the door way. This was true for the earliest AC-47's, but later ones, and the one I had the decals for, moved it from the doorway to an additional window added just in front of the door. The kit has the outline of that window inscribed into the inside of the fuselage, but the instructions make no mention of using it. The decals that came with the kit looked a little tired so I used the ones from the Kit-World KW172096 sheet which were  excellent. My only comment on them is that the instructions were somewhat lacking in detail of what goes where and their drawing are almost too small to help. 

0ATG3qh6_o.jpg

DPD4oad4_o.jpg

Anmlvhdg_o.jpg

xJlvuxbm_o.jpg

NR6l7YkM_o.jpg

Here is my AC-119K and AC-47D together

42Pu9LdU_o.jpg

Next us should be the AC-130, but while I have the paint out I am going to do the Italeri B-26K since it is the last kit in the pile that uses the SEA color scheme.

Enjoy

• Like 27

I've thought about the AC-123K, but there were only 2 of them, so so far I have resisted. But the completest in me will probably eventually yield to the temptation. 

Thanks

• Like 1

I know some weathering would add to the "realism", but I just can't bring myself to do it.:yikes:.The paint was Humbrol 118

• Like 1

I have built the 47 earlier this year and have the 119 in the stash. I do have a concern that the 119 may be too big for my display shelves due to the twin boom!

My shelves are 11 1/4 inches deep and it was not a problem. If the 47 fits the 119 should also. My biggest problems are with large swept wing aircraft not fitting

I had bookmarked your build for inspiration. I  like the soft demarcations between the colors. That is a skill I have to work on.