Meteor F.8 intakes - internal structure.

Admiral Puff

I'm looking for drawings or anything else that will give me details of the internal structure of Meteor F.8 intakes, particularly forward of the main spar, and enough to enable me to scratch build it in 1:48. Can anyone assist, please?

• Like 1

@Admiral Puff, I don't have plans but this might help:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/26690797@N02/34237947463/in/album-72157682337654581/ you will find a link there to the original (enormous) file.

BTW, I don't think the cloth is flight equipment!

34237947463_de25566b86_b.jpg

Neil

Edited by neilfergylee
  • Like 3

Thanks, Neil, but Flickr won't let me in! To clarify, I'm looking for details of the structure that goes to make up the nacelle, rather than what happens down inside the intake. I have some pictures of a damaged Meteor in Korea that I'd like to replicate.

Thanks, Steve - that would be appreciated.

• Sad 1

They are bult up with a series of concentric sized circle formers joined by longerons and plated over

Use the above photo to see where the formers and longerons are

The lip piece is a single part wooden doughnut

meteor%20cut%20away%2002s-S.jpg

14 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

Thanks, Neil, but Flickr won't let me in! To clarify, I'm looking for details of the structure that goes to make up the nacelle, rather than what happens down inside the intake. I have some pictures of a damaged Meteor in Korea that I'd like to replicate.

Admiral, very sorry to hear: can you PM me your email address please?  I shall then email you the picture direct.

Cheers,

Neil

On 6/26/2018 at 7:54 AM, Admiral Puff said:

I'm looking for drawings or anything else that will give me details of the internal structure of Meteor F.8 intakes, particularly forward of the main spar, and enough to enable me to scratch build it in 1:48. Can anyone assist, please?

I've dug out some drawings that may help @Admiral Puff

v8XZ0J.jpg

v8XWij.jpg

v8iGhs.jpg

v8ioGQ.jpg

v8Xyxn.jpg

John

• Like 2