Canadian M113 ca late 70's early 80's

Flyingdutchman

I'm looking at building a Canadian M113 as used with their forces stationed in Germany. I've come across this absolute brilliant site in terms of color photos and reference HERE.

Looking at the various pictures my guess they used the early M113A1 with .50 cal mounted or maybe M60. Some had cable cutters, some not this could be my own variation.

For example this one with:

M113s--4-CMBG-Ex-Certain-Rampart--Sep-19

and this one without

M113-C--amp--R-Lynx--Ex-Reforger-Oct-74-

So now the question what kit to pick? 

- Tamiya; old but still doing the job? I'd say this one would be good

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81w5otDxgwL._SL1500_.jpg/img]

- Academy;

543120-19127-36-pristine.jpg

© Scalemates

or Italeri

m113bt.jpg

© ModelingMadness

Your input is welcome on this subject 😎

Cheers Evert

Of the brands you mention, the Academy wins every day.  But I don't think Canada had the A2 (was the A2 even in service in those days?) so you might want to look at their A1 kit.  This also has a range of armament options, even if only for the spares box.

Some Academy kits have indy link tracks, some have vinyl.  None has both.  Offhand I can't recall which has which.  They do sell a separate indy link set but it's hard to find and usually  not cheap.  Be careful if looking for this as they also sell a second set only appropriate to German and some European vehicles.

But the New Kid In Town is the AFV Club offering, which is supposed to be the best 113 yet.  Only a Vietnam ACAV version at the moment, but that's a case of leaving bits off to make a baseline APC.

Dragon are supposed to be working on a 113, initially announced as an IDF "Zelda".  But that's come in for a lot of criticism before it's even released!

• Like 1

Thank you both for your advice and suggestions. I will go with the Academy then. Now let's find one.

I'll have a look a the different tracks, maybe a Friul to get it really realistic.

Cheers, Evert