_ MIG-27 FLOGGER J - 1/48

7 hours ago, exdraken said:

the -23Bn/ -27 really grows on me!!

turned out fantatic and absolutely realistic!

those the CWS set contain the new canopy already??

- The CWS transkit has a clear resin canopy and windscreen in two parts avoiding the use of the photo-etched and resin frames inclued in the transkit. I didn't use the CWS probe and forked nose device as well as the other probes because they are very thin and break too easily, I used the kit ones instead albeit they are oversized and the forked device  mounted sideway on the plane needs to be adpted to get the required position as it is intended to be installed flat under the nose like the previous D version. Another mistake to be added to these Trumpeter models, all the kit is indentical to  the Flogger D, decals and corresponding notice and boxart excepted.

The CWS nose is perfect for a 23 BN or a 27D but if you ant a 27J its nose tip has to be  revised as the etched laser ranging window doesn't fit that well, otherwise the nose shape is excellent and easy to install on the plastic fuselage after a light putty/sandy job.

It's another matter for a K but a dedicated transkit is in preparation by CWS, some parts for it are already inclued in the photo-etched frett for the earlier versions transkit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1