Hobbyboss P47D Gabreski's ///Finished////////

stevej60

Hi folk's ordered this one today for my entry,wanted to do this scheme for ages so now a good excuse in this GB,it's an easy kit but don't let that put

you off,it was under a tenner from King Kit and  although simplified I  think you'll like what you see when I post the sprue shot;s.

28129984547_dbaf74138e_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 9

Hi folk's,kit arrived safe so some photo's,for it's scale not a lot of part's included.

28195978357_2508bf854e_b.jpg

Beautiful panel lines and engraving and just enough cockpit detail for most should look great under paint.

29191902718_b086f1ddd4_b.jpg

A nice simple decal sheet included.

43063867501_ecb2900999_b.jpg

Looking forward to this as the scheme includes full D-Day stripes which which are always eye catching.

• Like 5

That cockpit will take a careful bit of painting with both sidewalls molded in.

Interesting they only supply the asymmetrical prop. The airfame you are doing had the Hamilton Standard prop fitted, if you can’t get hold of one I think I have a few in the spares box.

Morning folk's,as Tbolt pointed out the sidewall's are molded in and carry no detail's which is to be expected from this easy assembly kit,also

the canopy is a one piece affair which has no open option which in this case is a help as not a great deal will be seen, I used spare decal's to busy

it up and added a harness from tape and finally dry brushed aluminium a dry run in the fuselage look's fine,that's it till next Monday.

43099708872_e1a8f71a96_b.jpg

43149507051_f6a860c3cb_b.jpg

42431121364_6d7cab0c3d_b.jpg

The gunsight glass was solid plastic so I've  cut it off  and will make a clear part before the canopy is fitted.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 12

A nice camo scheme in the making here steve, i like the look of this one, good start on the pit, to be fair the parts count isn't high but from what I have seen it doesn't seem to be a bad kit 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hewy said:

A nice camo scheme in the making here steve, i like the look of this one, good start on the pit, to be fair the parts count isn't high but from what I have seen it doesn't seem to be a bad kit 

Not a bad kit at all Hewy,I had to get a new airbrush last week so this will be my first outing for it,looking forward to the stripes too!

• Like 1

Evening folk's,as you might expect being an easy kit progress is rapid,everything snap's into place without issue,before the wing's were added

I painted the wheel well's.

43212844692_7e769c6653_b.jpg

43261844841_fcaa26df0c_b.jpg

• Like 7

Hi folk's,progress this week,using RAF colour;'s the undersides have been sprayed and masked and the upper colour's done but need a second coat

then that green camo need's tobe tackled I've bought an Iwata Neo airbrush which I haven't used yet hopefully I can get a fine enough finish after a 

bit of practice.Once done I need to mask for the stripes.

41571486160_a6901daa81_z.jpg

• Like 2

Well I bit the bullet and broke out the airbrush I gave it my best and after a bit of practice on cardboard hit the actual model,once dry I'm going a shade darker

for a final blast.

29510764448_2e7ba03e65_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 10

Morning folk's,last couple of day's progress on this build,masked uplike a Mummy got the white area for the D-Day stripes which as you can

see are the full monty worn for a short period on and after 6th June,it was easier to do a full fuselage wrap then mask the leading white stripe

for the code letter over the original finish.

43420144131_c6b57a1ea8_b.jpg

The engine and cowl are a solid molding so difficult to paint and as you can see there's no lip as on the real thing and for example the Tamiya kit

but it look's busy after a dark wash and some detailing.

41612241670_ebb50d391f_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 8

Morning folk's I started the black striping with the upper wing's sadly the far wing had a bad case of paint bleed so I've started a tidy up which

is working,i use a Tamiya tape copy which is normally spot on (and only £1:40 a roll) but it's let me down this time no worries I'll plod on.

43395450162_62a0b489de_b.jpg

• Like 7

Morning folk's those stripes are driving me mad! Finally finished them including the white tail stripes which I nearly forgot,I blundered a little with

the measurement so you may notice the centre white band on the fuselage is wider than it should be but once the decal's are on I can live with it.

41657526890_0249cb8256_b.jpg

• Like 10