Hobby Boss 1/72 Rafale M

1191343689_x.jpg

Rafale must be one of the most elegant fighter of the world, may be due to this fact, it's rarely to see a dirty looking work.

As far as I am concerned, there is no clean marine plane on the earth, so this is what happened......

1191346767_x.jpg

1191346076_x.jpg

1191343888_x.jpg

1191345098_x.jpg

1191343426_x.jpg

1191343428_x.jpg

1191410082_x.jpg

Rafale can carry two MBDA apache like this, however it seems that uncommon showed on any loadout chart.......

1191346765_x.jpg

By the way I'm not sure whether the fuel tanks can carry like this......

1191343429_x.jpg

1191346077_x.jpg

1191346675_x.jpg

I didn't glued the fuel tanks thus the pattern can be changed, but it's not very stable though="=

1191346766_x.jpg

1191346273_x.jpg

1191345099_x.jpg

Thanks for your watching!

• Like 15

That is a really interesting approach to Aeronavale's Rafale. I personally like it, though. :goodjob:

Charles de Gaulle plane boss might have a word or two to the maintenance crew, if ever he see one of his Rafale looking like this hahahaha

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spiton said:

Very interesting weathering. May be a little too strong, but very realistic. Looks very good !! sometimes ago I made this model, and I try to do similar effect .

d7b29b3412e6dedb.jpg

a994b0e7c5000521.jpg

As I can see this is 100% real one, absolutely stunning work!

• Like 1

Now you chaps are blurring the real with the miniature - I don't know what to believe, except that the original is a pretty amazing piece of paint work, not entirely my cup of tea but still amazing work - well done - perhaps we need a demonstration or a step-by-step?

7 hours ago, carter478 said:

As I can see this is 100% real one, absolutely stunning work!

Thank You Carter. I think, that I well be a fun of Yours models. I like Your painting ekspresion. This level of painting expression is very rare !

• Like 1

On 26/06/2018 at 14:13, Horatio Gruntfuttock said:

Now you chaps are blurring the real with the miniature - I don't know what to believe, except that the original is a pretty amazing piece of paint work, not entirely my cup of tea but still amazing work - well done - perhaps we need a demonstration or a step-by-step?

1191680595_x.jpg

My works almost coloured with normal acrylic paint and some Vallejo, weathering by thin acrylic paint and poster paint, then apply clear coat spray as finish, all done by paint brush except for finish.....not a mainstream modeling technique.🙄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, carter478 said:

1191680595_x.jpg

My works almost coloured with normal acrylic paint and some Vallejo, weathering by thin acrylic paint and poster paint, then apply clear coat spray as finish, all done by paint brush except for finish.....not a mainstream modeling technique.🙄

try using oil paints. They give a greater smoove

• Like 1

Very good display of your skills but to me it looks like the kind of thing that you would see at an abandoned airfield.  No offence intended...!!  😉

Phil

• Like 1

I like the look of  your Rafael and it shows you have a skill for weathering - those photos of the real aircraft show they get a degree of grotty too - like someone on BM said it is your model so paint what you see and we all get to see your interpretation🙂

CJP

• Like 2

21 hours ago, spiton said:

try using oil paints. They give a greater smoove

At this point I want to see how far the acrylic paint can go, but I will try to use oil paints after have more budget for modeling, thanks a lot for your suggest!

On 6/28/2018 at 3:46 PM, carter478 said:

At this point I want to see how far the acrylic paint can go, but I will try to use oil paints after have more budget for modeling, thanks a lot for your suggest!

You see a lot . That good. You paint a lot of weathering details. You paint whole lotta weatherings details. BRAVO.  Only technics in your fantastic painting is not perfect yet. Painting should be more smoothness. May by You schould used sandpaper, or something like this. I try to smmoth acrylik painting used sandpaper in my Henschel Hs 123.  

Edited by spiton
  • Like 1