Revell 1:72 Focke Wulf Ta 152H

More or less in a month, I´ll be having my Winter recess (after an exam in which I don´t have anything to study from aside for a bunch of schemes thrown out there without any words), and from the seven kits I have on my stash, I picked this one to become sixth build.

The model itself is over 40 years old, from the now gone Frog. It doesn´t have much flash, but it does have some moulding defects, and the propeller was designed to turn to the wrong way.

The kit comes with only one decal option, Green 9, Willi Reschke´s aircraft.

I saw on a video build for this aircraft that the only area with gaps will be the wing/fuselage join, so I may use filler on said gaps (I don´t want to use any, to preserve the panel lines).

41178719110_101804118b_c.jpg

28120533047_2bf7071609_c.jpg

• Like 4

On 6/25/2018 at 9:13 AM, Sturmovik said:

the propeller was designed to turn to the wrong way.

Not so much designed to run the wrong way but the central hole is not molded right through as it was on the original Frog kits, possibly some mold damage. drill it through & put it onto the shaft from the previously blank side & it'll be fine. As @adey m showed in the Frog models thread, it can build beautifully.

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, stevehnz said:

"Not so much designed to run the wrong way but the central hole is not molded right through."

You mean the other side of the propeller is blocked by flash? I´ll try to open it from the inside with a pin and then by using the scalpel on the outside. 

• Like 1

I checked his build yesterday, really nice, mine will be without scratch and with a much simpler mottling.

I hope to start the model in more or less 20 days.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That is a lovely, neat and honest build of what is really a FROG kit from 48 years ago. I really like the way that you decided from the start that you were going to keep the model as original as possible and you have, and it would be worthy of posting on the Nostalgic Tribute To FROG Kits thread.

In a way I envy you and others who can build, paint and decal a model to this standard in three days.

regards,  adey

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@adey m not so original, I modified the propeller for it to turn in the correct way, the rest was left as is.                                                                                              Regarding the build time, it all comes down to how much detail the aircraft has, how many parts it has, and how hard the camouflage is. Using a brush also reduces the painting time, since you only need water to clean it.

Sadly one thing that affects me is the need to start and finish things fast, and because of that I curled the spinner decal a bit. It´s not shown on the photos, but it´ll be a sore thumb every time I look at it.   

Edited by Sturmovik
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, stevehnz said:

That's a thoroughly decent looking job & for three days, a positive triumph, the prop looks good too, well done. :)

Steve.

Thanks, I was just realising I put the tail band in the correct position by sheer luck (I was kind of rushing to finish it). I need to check the instructions more carefully for my next model.

Also, the instructions show the inner landing gear doors in the wrong position, they should go as the painting instructions show.

Edited by Sturmovik
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...