Malta Spitfire

I've never thought much to the Mk V wing shape from an aesthetic view point but the effect you have achieved on those wings is superb. Subtle and creates the impression of a hard worked machine. 

Superb work on the fading and weathering. With so much going on with the real aircraft (and attempted with your model) it would be so easy to overdo it. But you nailed it! Everything you've done looks realistic to my eyes, and that's difficult to achieve on a scale model. Bravo!

What scale is the kit?

Cheers,

Bill

Hello Bill, and thanks for all the feedback, i enjoyed employing some artistic licence with this build. The model is the 1/32 Hobby Boss kit; i probably enjoy building 1/72 and 1/48th scale kits more, but where i know that the subject matter has a challenging paint scheme i enjoy the larger canvas that 1/32nd gives you. For this scheme, i applied the desert camouflage and then built up the blue over-coat in thin layers (based on Tamiya XF50 field blue (toned down with whites and greys). Then is cut the blue paint back gently using micro mesh here i thought the sun would have the most effect. Finally i used some very thinned oils and pastels to complete the weathering.
regards

Gavin

• Like 2