1/72nd Revell Halifax, Free French, Elvington 1945

tonyot

Love to see this back on the bench, to be honest I feel a bit guilty as it took me ages to send you the decals... could have been finished much earlier had I been quicker.

Glad to see that the decals worked though, did you have problems in blending the black of the decal with the paint on the model ?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

Love to see this back on the bench, to be honest I feel a bit guilty as it took me ages to send you the decals... could have been finished much earlier had I been quicker.

Glad to see that the decals worked though, did you have problems in blending the black of the decal with the paint on the model ?

Hey Giorgio you have nothing to feel guilty about,....... you are a star my friend and I really appreciate your help!! 

There was no problem with blending the black areas in,....... we`ll see what it looks like after the matt coat goes on! I did struggle with the masks for the tail code Q,.... most probably because I tried to do it first using rattle can and then when that didn`t work I tried brushing the paint on,..... in the end I had to remove the paint and applied a block of yellow decal with a red `Q' over the top. I intend to brush paint some black on today to hopefully leave a decent yellow surround,..... wish me luck!

All the best and cheers again,

Tony

Hiya Folks,...... aww,... out of time,..... but never mind,.... thanks to Giorgio again for the decals and here is the model as it looks so far,....... been struggling like mad with the small red and yellow tail code `Q' which has been done around four times so far and still not right! 

DSCF5031

Cheers

Tony

• Like 4

Well,.... I`ve finished it at last! Thanks again to Giorgio for doing the nose art decals for me,....... I really do appreciate it mate! I struggled with the paint masks for the tail code `Q' on either fin, mainly because I brush paint,...... and I`m not really happy with my bodged job,...... so I may end up re visiting these at a later date!

DSCF5128_NEWDSCF5148_NEWDSCF5132_NEWDSCF5131_NEW

Cheers,

Tony

• Like 4

On 10/25/2018 at 10:02 AM, Giorgio N said:

It's a pity that the Halifax could not be completed in time, my fault Tony !

Hope you'll post pictures of her completed in the general RFI section

Not your fault at all Giorgio,...... thanks again for your fantastic help and I have posted the completed Halibag in RFI.

Cheers,

Tony