1903flight

On 7/13/2018 at 9:51 PM, exdraken said:

need to get that PE.....

Well worth the money for the .

So small update - ready to close up the fuselage..

42787571754_a8e19a19b2_b.jpg

And have started on the wings...

28617833607_1b1c7a38aa_b.jpg

A quick test fit points to possible issues around the cockpit - will need to be careful when join up the cabin.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

After not doing much modelling in August,   Only just returned to this in the last week or so. Now have the wings on.  Having a nightmare get the cockpit glazing to fit though. 

29752569837_a8c222f46f_b.jpg

having done a quick check of the balance,  I believe I have enough nose weight, so on with the nose undercarriage next. 

• Like 2

Looking good. I think the cockpit glazing is the one thing that lets this kit down - it really doesn't fit well and I didn't put as much effort into it on mine as I should have. Looks like you're nearly ready for some paint.

On 9/15/2018 at 8:48 AM, 1903flight said:

I believe I have enough nose weight, so on with the nose undercarriage next. 

I wedged a lot under the cockpit floor - not quite enough.

Then added more glued inside the nosecone.

Perfect three-pointer every time. 🙂

• Like 3

So update ob progress in the last week. Pictures rot follow, currently working away for a few days this week.

Nose undercarriage on and nosecone fitted - good news so far is that I do not have a tail sitter, so I did not need to add any more weight in the nosecone.

I have a first coat of paint on using on. Using Xtracolo.r X111 FS14087 Olive Drab for base colour of RAL 7013 and for the lighter green, RAL 6020, I am planing to use X114 FS14092 Medium Green.

• Like 1

On 6/24/2018 at 2:35 AM, 1903flight said:

Hi Phil,

That is an interesting idea. I am currently reading Gunships by Wayne Mutza and I had wondered what a Skyvan gunship would have looked like. A couple of mini guns in the rear windows?

James

Not sure that Oman would have got their hands on some minis though they would look cool.  Was thinking of a 20mm or 30mm and a .50 cal maybe.  Still working on the idea though I did have a whiffer do me a profile which looks pretty cool.

Nice to see yours coming along and almost there.  Should look good in Austrian colors.

• 1 month later...