One for the Star Wars collectors..

I've been following this on eBay. Still three days to go but wow! I'm presuming a pretty hardcore Star Wars collector must be bidding here.

Now I munched my way through a lot of bags of these back in the day so I'm now wishing that I kept some of the promotional packets. ( I did collect their tokens for the Britains Space figures back in 1981 and still have the figures to this day)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292609833928?_trksid=p2471758.m4703

Steve

Edited by fightersweep
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Amazing isn't it? I loved Outer Spacers. My maize snack of choice in the late 70s and early 80s, but that auction is just insane!

I'm having an Outer Spacers moment currently. When I was 11 I remember a KP Crisps exhibition train rolling into Southend Central station. If you had the required tokens from the crisp packets, you could get on for free. Basically, it was four themed carriages that you walked through in a bit of a Crystal Maze like experience. One carriage was all Sci-Fi inside (Outer Spacers) and another was all Wild West (Rancheros)...can't remember the other two. When you fell out the door at the other end, you got a free bag of crisps. Magic!!

I've been racking my brains for years trying to remember the name of it. Found it yesterday on a railway forum. It was apparently called the KP Adventure Express. Anyone else remember it? It toured the UK in 1980 apparently.

Steve

I'm really not sure what to think of this! On one hand it's an empty crisps packet...on the other, it's a promotional themed packaging that hasn't been produced for 30+ years, and with the crisps themselves not being made for quite a while. that's also related to one of the biggest and most popular franchises of all time....but it's still just an empty crisps packet.

Edited by TheVoidDragon

Unlike some other ebay ‘L@@K RARE!’ items, this probably is a genuine rare item.

Look at some of his other snack based ephemera, brings back some greasy fingered memories.

I remember having a C3PO soap and R2 bubblebath. Same old story, if I’d kept half of what I had as a kid I’d be rolling in it by now! I’m sure I’ve got a Taylor & McKenna carrier bag up in the loft somewhere, must be worth something to an aging modeller.:lol:

Mart (with a sudden urge for a bag of Monster Munch)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LotusArenco said:

I remember having a C3PO soap and R2 bubblebath.

Wow, I suddenly remember having those as well now you mention them! Those and the Action Man "Depth Charge" bath salts and a "Dynamite" soap on a rope! Pretend explosives for kids...simpler times, indeed!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I also used to like Burton's Piglets...those hollow piggy shaped crisp things...oh, and Smith's Horror Bags. Loved those too!

I can imagine that those throw away Star Wars related promotional goodies are very rare and collectible now. I remember trying to collect all four (I think it was four) cardboard Star Wars masks that came free with the Lyons Maid Star Wars lolly. I think there was Darth, a Stormtrooper, C3PO and Chewbacca....and I loved the artwork on the lolly packet. Seem to remember it was the shot of a Tie Fighter shooting up an X-Wing. Happy days!

1 hour ago, fightersweep said:

"May not ship to Australia"? Is the jury still out on that one then?

No ! I just don't have that money to splurge .

• Like 1

I would imagine a lot more if the contents were intact. 

I do remember seeing on eBay about ten years ago an unopened packet of Weetabix from the late 70s. This was the one with the Doctor Who promotion (Tom Baker) and involved a board game with characters inside the pack to collect. I well remember nagging my parents to buy me tons of Weetabix during that promotion. The unopened packet on eBay sold for £275 if I remember correctly.

Edited by fightersweep