Bluebird k7, 1967 final version

I've built this touchwood resin bluebird k7 for a friend of mine,I scratch built the seat and interior,  water brake,stabilising fin and fod covers, i used ral 5009 azure blue by zero paints and lacquered it with tamiya gloss - mr hobby laquer thinners, didn't want to let him have it when I'd finished 🤑

Hope you like it

Glynn 

cmUTL7Y.jpg

5ODMWn7.jpg

wNNCArm.jpg

jcBJFHr.jpg

adhb7Am.jpg

nOPOTz4.jpg

• Like 44
  • Thanks 1

If this was offered for sale, I’d be very much inclined to open and empty my wallet in a heart beat. This is just beautiful and a lovely way to honour a remarkable man and story. The overall finish is so good and I’m amazed at the amount of superb models being built and presented here of late. 

Cheers and very well modelled.. Dave. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Absolutely stunning! A truly beautiful model Glynn! Very well done! :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers stix, not many of my models make it through to the end product especially during the summer months, 

14 hours ago, longshanks said:

Now that is a beautiful rendition of the original. love the way you've mounted it

:clap2:

Kev

Thanks kev, and also for the most kind offer to do a replacement vac canopy if this one went belly up, it was a safety net that induced a bit of confidence, 

11 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Yes I do like it, a lot. It brings back memories of a boyhood hero. :)

Steve.

They don't make em like that anymore steve do they, thanks

10 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

If this was offered for sale, I’d be very much inclined to open and empty my wallet in a heart beat. This is just beautiful and a lovely way to honour a remarkable man and story. The overall finish is so good and I’m amazed at the amount of superb models being built and presented here of late. 

Cheers and very well modelled.. Dave. 

I actuall had a look on the net when i started this and  well finished models of the k7 change hands for quite a few pounds, I'm missing it already its only been gone a day, thanks dave

10 hours ago, Fastcat said:

Lovely little model. No wonder it's hard to part with.

Beautifully done.

Dave

Thanks dave, i really enjoyed building it and it was my first resin kit

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Simply superb. 

Cheers pete, glad you like it

12 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Glynn, that is superb. Beautifully finished. It brought back childhood memories, as I had a model of Bluebird. I think it was made by Merit.

John.

Think the merit kits were 1/24  john if I'm not mistaken quite a valuable collectors item today I'll bet, when i ordered this, they also do a large scale vac form one in the same or similar scale to the merit kit, i was going to buy that for a long term detail job, removed engine panels and such but,  no stock left, although they said they'd be in touch if they came back in, cheers john

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Think the merit kits were 1/24  john if I'm not mistaken quite a valuable collectors item today I'll bet,

Sadly, mine went down a similar route to the original..........a penny banger and  tube of lighter fuel.

John.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Sadly, mine went down a similar route to the original..........a penny banger and  tube of lighter fuel.

John.

The fun of youth🤑, i got up to similar tricks, only crow scarers from the local farm shop were available all year round and were far more powerfull, the lighter fuel sounds a good addition though 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Stunning,  I have been collecting & building land & water speed record vehicles for several years.  I have just finished my 6th out of 10 variations of K7.  Nowhere near to this standard unfortunately.  Love the improvements you made.  I'm currently having a break from boats to do my 1/20 scale Bluebird CN7,  then choosing a couple of other vehicles that aren't blue before returning to a K3 & 4 more K7's

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"300 miles per hour, in your purpose built machine... at such speeds.. things fly"

beautiful build mate.

• Thanks 1

On 30/12/2019 at 07:54, Courageous said:

Lake District I saw this,

Very nice stuart, i belive it was constructed using the original plans, those perspex  splash guards either side of the cockpit took quite a few attempts to get right  on the model ,after a couple of tries i was about to throw in the towel i remember, one of my favourite models that, and its gone, the fella i built it for was offered quite a decent sum of money for it ,but he still has it , cheers 

• Like 2