Screen returning to top of list

OK, what am I doing wrong, when I go to Britmodeller Forums/Activity/ unread content I get a long list of threads, I then scroll down the list looking for things that interest me, if I see something I click on it, it opens fine and I read it. Then I want to go back to the list and hit the Back button, this then goes back to the list but immediately shoots to the top of the list. So then I have to try and remember where on the list I was and scroll back down to it.

This has only started recently, so what am I doing wrong ?

Cheers

Dennis

Last week I had something similar on BM. I cleared the cache and restarted my browser and it's been fine since. So that might be worth trying first.

3 hours ago, Gorby said:

Last week I had something similar on BM. I cleared the cache and restarted my browser and it's been fine since. So that might be worth trying first.

Will give that a go, thanks

Cheers

Dennis

I open the topics I want to read in a new tab - right click and choose from the menu, so I keep the list of topics until reaching the end. Simply click on one of the other tabs, read the topic and close it.

Works for me!

Steve

2 hours ago, BritJet said:

I open the topics I want to read in a new tab - right click and choose from the menu, so I keep the list of topics until reaching the end. Simply click on one of the other tabs, read the topic and close it.

Works for me!

Steve

Tried that and it does work, though the annoying thing is that this is only a recent development, it worked fine before.

I also cleared my cache restarted Firefox and it still did the same.

Thanks for the input

Cheers

Dennis

5 hours ago, BritJet said:

Works for me!

Steve

If you're on PC, try just clicking the scroll wheel/middle mouse button instead- should work the same and saves all the menu diving.

10 hours ago, Rob G said:

If you're on PC, try just clicking the scroll wheel/middle mouse button instead- should work the same and saves all the menu diving.

Wow that works even better and leaves the thread on the list as well so you can go back to it, edumecation is a wonderful thing.

Thanks

Dennis

• Like 1