Revell's 1/72 M60A3 with markings from the kit. This was an enjoyable week's building with quite a bit of scratch-built and PE detail, please see my build-log in Work In Progress if you're interested:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235039592-revell-m60a3-172/

ZEKBPTX.jpg

WLdpjRC.jpg

fvLjAuw.jpg

8HMCCtf.jpg

uFA9WwU.jpg

lYus9wS.jpg

VD5WYok.jpg

g6ssOyT.jpg

zKUvzgX.jpg

ZWxs4eA.jpg

RSSyAi0.jpg

DZaQ5GH.jpg

• Like 16

Cracking job, excellent litte M60 & the base is superb & sets it off perfectly! :thumbsup:

Keith

Edit - can you say what you made the base from please Mark? Just had an enjoyable read of your build thread but you didn't mention it. I think it looks really effective!

Thanks Keith,

Glad you liked it. I make my tank-biscuits from cork flooring tiles just roughly cut to shape, and sometimes layered an sculpted if I need to give some height or make an underlying feature (in this case a small rise at the right front of the tank). I then spread a thin layer of plaster and texture with a stippling-brush action, impress track patterns and the vehicle's position through kitchen cling-film then hit it with a hairdryer. A quick spray with model paint in earth tones, more hairdryer,  then PVA and soil material (in this case clay from under my house) plus a bit of flock grass. Hit with a hairdryer again and you have a finished base in 30-45 minutes or so.

• Like 1

Great stuff, many thanks for the reply Mark, I thought it might be cork, it looks really good at representing earth! I've got some in the model room somewhere left over from some aborted model railway layouts, shall have to dig it out! Thanks also for your scenic info, it all works really well! :thumbsup:

Cheers

Keith 

That did turn out well Mark, you've made great use of those skinny Frenchmen.....They make splendid Greeks and the antenna action is an work of genius!  :goodjob:

PS - I really like your Tank Biscuits, I reckon I might try something similar for my modern stuff.....Although I might need a Tank Pancake or even a Tank Wedding Cake for some of my larger recent purchases!  :whistle:

Thanks Sgt SH,

I find tank-biscuits prevent the model from "getting lost" inside my display cabinet, and the cork tiles are a cheap, quick and consistent way of displaying them, I look forward to seeing one of your tank pancakes! 

Thanks Thanks Sgt SH,

I find tank-biscuits prevent the model from "getting lost" inside my display cabinet, and the cork tiles are a cheap, quick and consistent way of displaying them, I look forward to seeing one of your tank pancakes!