1/76 Bofors 40mm Gun and Tractor

Well, weathering done and decals on, so this one is pretty much finished now. A lot of fun for me to build a military vehicle, something that I'm not all that familiar with, modeling technique wise. I would have liked to add a few more details, but running out of time now. A few pictures.

20180929_170013

20180929_170102

20180929_165708

20180929_165152

20180929_165324_001

20180929_165102

20180929_164933

20180929_165726

As with my 88 and Halftrack build, a lot of my weathering efforts seemed to disappear when I varnished it, which is a bit frustrating. The tarpauling cover over the rear of the truck was actually painted a different colour, but seems to have blended into the rest of the truck <_<

That'll probably be it, so thanks for following along. Pictures in Gallery soon.

Cheers

• Like 9

I think this was the one and only Bofors available in any scale larger than about 1/600 when it was released. 

I got one straight away as I had a great uncle who served as a gun layer on them during the Siege of Malta, and was badly wounded in an air raid on St Andrews barracks. Mine was finished in Maltese "rubble" finish and mounted on a little base to represent the fixed emplacement. I didn't build the truck or add the wheels to the gun so subsequently only built about a third of the kit. 

I never did get round to building the Morris, something I must rectify one day. 

John 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Smudge said:

my weathering efforts seemed to disappear when I varnished it,

Best sort of weathering if you ask me! It looks great just like that with just enough wear and tear to look real.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AdrianMF said:

Best sort of weathering if you ask me! It looks great just like that with just enough wear and tear to look real.

Regards,

Adrian

:ditto:I'd go with that - looks great - Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1