Seafire XV and FR.47

My latest two completions, the Airfix Seafire FR.47 and the Special Hobby Seafire XV. The Airfix kit used the BarracudaCast propeller and seat, Squadron Canopy and Aeromaster decals for 800 Squadron in 1949. The Special Hobby kit was pretty much OOB with Aeromaster decals for 803 Squadron RCN in 1947. Vallejo paints used throughout.

I've included shots of the Seafire 47 with the Spitfire I, the Seafire XV with its close relative the Spitfire XII and with its replacement in the RCN, the Sea Fury. As usual, please excuse the dust and the poor photography!

Thanks for looking!

Chris

jmqrVUM.jpg

JE3e1kQ.jpg

PWepFj7.jpg

WCXDRlO.jpg

kLrj3i1.jpg

Yi4n40e.jpg

VhGUQ6U.jpg

S9hOrTa.jpg

1BFZD5S.jpg

0Eiw6uE.jpg

lefHWfJ.jpg

Edited by airbus320
  • Like 35
  • Thanks 1

Very nice spit’ & Seafires collection! I would like to get the MK.VII! Is the decals for the Canadian version are still available? What about the overall SH kit please?

nice work again 👍

Thank you guys!

Frank the SH kit is ok, lovely detail especially in the cockpit but the fit can be a little tricky especially around the cowling bulges and the wing roots. I shortened the gear legs a bit as otherwise it looks too “stalky” and replaced the canopy with the falcon vacform. The decals came from Aeromaster 48-697:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/173347-aeromaster-48-697-super-seafires-1-griffon-powered-pt-i

Overall I think that the SH kit is better shaped than the bloated Airfix Spitfire XII that you would have to convert otherwise. Interestingly my Spit XII you see in the pictures is the Airfix nose grafted onto a lengthened Hasegawa fuselage, the Airfix one being much too tall for my liking!

Chris