1/35 Academy Warrior and AFV Club Scimitar

Hi Nick, brilliant build just starting one these myself. As a beginner which Halfords primer did you use, where did you get the wheel mask from and finally you mention adjusting the axles for ride height where did you get the info from as it is not mentioned in the provided instruction booklet. 

3 hours ago, Alan Crossley said:

Hi Nick, brilliant build just starting one these myself. As a beginner which Halfords primer did you use, where did you get the wheel mask from and finally you mention adjusting the axles for ride height where did you get the info from as it is not mentioned in the provided instruction booklet. 

Hi Alan, thanks for the comments, it's a nice kit, hope you enjoy;

Halfords primer is the grey, matt automotive;

44124154025_cb3b3543f9_c.jpg

Wheel mask came from BNA model word - Australian but got here fine. They're showing out o stock at the mo. Send me a PM if you want me to lend you mine.

The lowering of the wheels came from a WIP on here but I've seen it mentioned in several other blogs and it 'looks' right.

The crew and vehicles are finished;

Helmet straps painted;

44315627684_cc078933b3_h.jpg

Test fit in the turret - I filled the goggles with clear acrylic in several layers as it shrinks. Unfortunately this left bubbles but a dark oil wash sorted this in the end;

31162276778_47d75516e3_h.jpg

And hull

30099054817_730d7d74ba_c.jpg

And the two together;

30099056217_108133b70c_h.jpg

Cheers

Nick

• Like 6

Nice. There is a screen/window with the kit which I believe can be fitted on the front of the driver's hatch so he has some dust protection. That could be a interesting option with your combination.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2018 at 11:57 AM, Kris B said:

Nice. There is a screen/window with the kit which I believe can be fitted on the front of the driver's hatch so he has some dust protection. That could be a interesting option with your combination.

Cheers Kris. I thought about the screen but I want it to be more an early war scene, 'advance to contact, with the map out' so the driver needs to be ready to close up (also I want to move on to the next ship 😉 ). 

On 10/3/2018 at 7:32 PM, Widow 65 said:

Fantastic combo.  I ve just finished the same Warrior, but i opted for the early European camouflage version, you cant beat the old days of BAOR!!

Thanks Widow - I've got a Chieftain and 432 to do in a while in the black and green - it does look cool!! Have you got any picks of your Warrior?

On 10/6/2018 at 10:27 AM, Tommygunn1972 said:

These look awesome together can't wait to see them on the base. Great work 👍👍

Cheers Tommy, working on the base at the moment.

On 10/7/2018 at 9:35 PM, Kris B said:

Hi Nick. That's fine. What ship you'll be making? I am in the Aircraft section for a moment.

What are you doing with flying things??

HMS Hood, started a WIP, but it's going wrong already ☹️

• 3 weeks later...

Base finally done, surround is picture framing wood with an MDF in fill and the ground is fine sand mixed with household filler and wood glue (thanks Bullbasket for the explanation of your IDF Sherman);

43878802670_bc6e530a3a_h.jpg

Test fit;

30756063467_701a38adee_h.jpg

Base to paint and weather and that's it for here - finished job on RFI.

Thanks for all the likes and comments.

Cheers

Nick

• Like 3