Magna Jetstream T.2 1/72nd scale

• 2 weeks later...

Getting nearer the end now, although as my mum seems stable at the moment, Mrs T thinks 'we' ought to start on decorating our bedroom and buy a new bedroom carpet. This may or may not affect progress depending on how many unpleasant surprises are uncovered in preparatory work. The big plus with the room is that,being an old farm house, the ceiling is pretty low which makes it easier to paint and reduces the amount the wall space to cover.

Anyway enough of the the domestic saga. The Jetstream is now on its feet and even better, I had put enough weight in the nose to keep it on an even keel. The blade aerials from the kit have been used as I managed to find a picture of the aircraft with sloping code letters and black aerials. Other aerials and pitot tubes were made from scratch and added.

29200719597_8f6f84e392_k_d.jpg

29200699017_1ce6882c2b_k_d.jpg

Since the photos were taken I have added the wheels, props and undercarriage doors and completed what painting needed doing. The props had their de-icing cuffs made from black decal with some painting to fill the gaps on the blade edges. Nearly at the final varnish coat and seeing if the canopy masks have worked.

Thanks for looking.

• Like 3

That is coming on a real treat and reminds me of my challenges with the 1/144 equivalent. Colours look spot on to me and I love those blade aerials. My own just shed those when I took it to a local show. Need to fix that.

This is going to be a stunner when it's finished!

Cheers

Terry

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the comment, the big blade aerials came in the kit and are quite nice when cleaned up. The other aerials etc in the kit were a bit rough and so we're replaced. 

The model is now finished and will be in RFI when I find time between decorating duties. 

• Like 1