Italian Stuka decals - are there any?

Tony Whittingham

7 hours ago, Barrovian said:

I think you could be struggling in 1/24th

You could try having your own made....

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/131-parkes682decals/

Thats a good idea but you could also consider having masks made for the main markings ? Some on the forum have the ability to cut masks using a special printer ? I have no links but its an option ? 

I looked for you too but found nothing.

As the Fasces are plain black and usually within a black line circle, sometimes on a white background I would print my own on clear decal film. If the white background is needed I would paint a white circle and put the black marking on over it

For the Savioa Shield, not always used, can be printed on clear decal film and applied on the pre-painted white cross

• Like 2

Agree with what others have said, in this scale I'd just print the fasces and the Savoia shield while using masks for the various codes. As said, not all had the Savoia crest and some didn't have fasces. Actually in 1/24 scale even the fasces could be made using masks.

This would only leave the small white numbers on the tail for those aircrafts that had them. And of course the unit insignias, again for those aircrafts that carried them (not all did).

Personally I believe that with a mix of masks and home made decals any of these aircrafts could be made. I've printed decals and made codes from plotter cut masks before and use them on some of my models, I can't really see anything too difficult here, thanks in no small part to the relative sobriety of the markings carried by Italian Stukas

Edited by Giorgio N
  • Like 2

Sorry, I missed the 1:24 scale requirement. I don't know how long ago it has been since Airfix released the 1:24 Stuka, it's not on our computer so it's at lease eight years, which means it is extremely unlikely that anyone will ever do decals for it for any air force at least until it is re-released. There is also the problem with 1:24 that any markings are so large that they won't fit onto a standard size sheet so you would not get any choice of subjects. I have just looked at a 1:48 Luftwaffe sheet  and the national insignia would just about fill the sheet in 1:24. It looks like a do-it-yourself job!

David Hannant