Audi A4 Dark Blue required

bmwh548

Hey guys, looking for a paint similar in color to the dark blue this generation had. Closest I found is Humbrol Gloss 15. Can anyone suggest something better? Doesn't have to be gloss paint since I'll be spraying some gloss clear in the end. Thank you!

Audi_A4_B5_front_20080617.jpg

Mr Hobby Aqueous H328 FS15050 Blue or Tamiya X-3 Royal Blue appear pretty similar.

I think that is what they refer to as ''doom blue'' ;)

Sorry 😛 .. I would suggest a rattlecan if you have somewhere to spray best bet on the continent would be motip-dupli im guessing you should be able to get the exact paint code!

I know zero-paints can custom mix stuff. Looking at my humbrol colorchart, Humbrol 15 seems to be fairly close match too!

Cheers! 

Much appreciated guys! I tried looking around for the paint code but I found various names for it and since I don't know what to order I thought I could just use something that I already have/get very easily. The Audi dealership is kinda out of reach but I'll try giving them a call, maybe (doubt it) they're willing to tell me the colour code. The model is meant as a surprise gift for a friend who had one years ago and can't exactly ask if he remembers the paint code :)

2 hours ago, bmwh548 said:

Much appreciated guys! I tried looking around for the paint code but I found various names for it and since I don't know what to order I thought I could just use something that I already have/get very easily. The Audi dealership is kinda out of reach but I'll try giving them a call, maybe (doubt it) they're willing to tell me the colour code. The model is meant as a surprise gift for a friend who had one years ago and can't exactly ask if he remembers the paint code :)

See here: http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?manuf=Audi

If you know the model and year of the car, you can probably find the exact shade you're looking for.

Thank you very much for that link! It will come in handy in future builds. Sadly they don't list the A4 model older than 2004. But again, thank you very much for it, it will be put to good use!

Edit: Actually I found it. Searched by year and they gave me Europa Blue which seems to be the colour I was looking for. Thank you again! 

Edited by bmwh548

Now I'm getting confused cause the paints are almost identical and they were both used in that period. Guess I might have to bite the bullet and just go with one of them and hope it's the right one.