1980 issue Lancaster B111

On 21/06/2018 at 06:26, TonyW said:

Thanks Dave, that backs up what I thought to be the case.

Here's the references I've got at this end, My copy of the Harleyford Lancaster book was water damaged when the roof of my old flat leaked otherwise that one would have appeared in the picture.

IMG_4688.jpg

I'll be going with the blue/red roundels, they can always be changed if the million to one shot comes in.

Digging out my old decals, I find I have a sheet of Modeldecal A A1 C and C1 roundels, sheet no40. That's them sorted then.

I've also decided that I can't bear to have the pig ugly Manchester finned prototype on my shelves, so the second prototype it is then. Decision made.

A set of prototype P decals has also been ordered. Already I'm thinking of all the other prototypes I would like to do, I know I have a part started Halifax buried in the loft somewhere and probably a Mosquito or two. HELP! 

Looks like its going to be an interesting Lanc!  Of the above publications I have3 of them The Airfix Mag, Profile and the William Green book Famous Bombers. The latter one I won as a prize at school during my 3rd year for something I had done and unaware of it! It went well with companion Volume of Famous Fighters  also in my library!

• Like 2