Eduard MiG-21MF in 72nd scale

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 9:47 AM, ya-gabor said:

Here you only see a fraction of the whole picture. Few minutes earlier there were 6 standing and watching!   :D :D :D :D :D

It is funny but at the same time very sad and shows where we stand. :nono:   :nono:  :nono:  :nono: 

Of course it is all made with EU money so . . . 

If you really think that this kind of stuff do not apply here… you are wrong !  It is everywhere !

Madcop.

On 8/24/2018 at 12:38 PM, amblypygid said:

Gabor, that cockpit looks incredible. Wonderfully skilled execution of the art.

Sorry I have to remove my posts

Good Bye

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
  • Like 1

I don't think the credit lies wholly with Eduard; I could only achieve a similar result with that plastic in my dreams. I fell a little in love with the 21 when building Eduard's 1/48 R, but it'd be easier to have multiple examples in 1/72. 

Hello Gabor

You are progressing faster than I am ! Actually I am waiting till the end of your build before going on with mine... Your attention to ( sometimes hidden) details is so amazing. That's scale modelling to the Xtreme. I like that and I wish I could. Can I hope to go on with mine for beginning of November ?😉

Keep on like that, this thread has already saved me from making some mistakes, especially in the cockpit. I am making a Word document out of  all these posts.!

If you could post more pics of the "real" aircraft and details it would be the cherry on the cake !

I am aware of all the work and dedication it implies, and I (we) thank you for that !.

Congratulations.

Madcop. 😋

On 9/2/2018 at 12:54 PM, ya-gabor said:

I don’t know if it is normal but from one of RAF’s Eurofighters (923) fuel was pouring down on the tarmac from its back side.

He scared You!

:)

On 9/2/2018 at 12:54 PM, ya-gabor said:

for shopping to get some real Brynza cheese 

20180904_170309.jpg

Local variety Brynza.

😛

14 minutes ago, ya-gabor said:

From here engine from a Hungarian aircraft is shown which was still used regularly few years ago.

Are there any similar photos on the engine MiG-21F-13?

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1

On 9/4/2018 at 4:41 PM, Aardvark said:

He scared You!

Are there any similar photos on the engine MiG-21F-13?

Good Bye

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Hungary had the engive version with circular flame holders unlike most other air forces.

Circular flame holders or blades flame holders it's a very big mystery with mass character and chronology, I wrote about this here:

in context E-152A

stormy discussion about engine R-11F here:

http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic.php?t=34953&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=100

see also about R-11F last question on this topic:

http://forums.airforce.ru/matchast/4161-mig-21f-f13-13/

....no answer....

B.R.

Serge

P.S.

3 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Concerning Brynza that I am looking for, it is more like a cottage cheese from sheep milk. Not sure if this one originates in Slovakia or the Czech Republic but the one they make is excellent and I love it!!! 

One can get it in Hungary too but it would have been nice to get original Slovak version!

I came across cheese of this type more like a cottage cheese

, but so far I like more dense versions of cheese.

Taking into account the fact that Brynza is an important component of the Bulgarian, Romanian, Moldovan, Belarusian, Ukrainian, Balkan and Caucasian cuisine since ancient times, and in every village its own Brynza cheese recipe, :)

to try all the cheese in the world is not realistic, but perhaps you should visit the festival of Brynza

https://ua.igotoworld.com/en/eventPage/1161_guculskaya-brynza-rahov.htm

in Rakhiv on  Kárpátalja (Transcarpathia)

next year?

;)

• Like 1

Something tells me you are not planning to finish the engine with a single paint labeled "exhaust"...

A very inspiring and informative WIP. Lately I have not had much interest in modelling but threads like this are just great as you begin to see new aspects in the hobby. Thanks Gabor.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2018 at 9:23 PM, Apex said:

Something tells me you are not planning to finish the engine with a single paint labeled "exhaust"...

A very inspiring and informative WIP. Lately I have not had much interest in modelling but threads like this are just great as you begin to see new aspects in the hobby. Thanks Gabor.

Good Bye

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

Only found this thread recently but must say it's a fantastic one ! In addition so showing some great modelling, you're really sharing with us a lot of useful information, this is going to be one of the most useful Eduard MiG-21 build threads around. Thanks for sharing, will keep watching

Edited by Giorgio N

On 9/7/2018 at 11:21 AM, Giorgio N said:

Thanks Gabor, I probably will sooner or later fire a few questions. Bought the "fighter bomber" overtrees a while ago and watching your build I feel a strong urge to open the box and start building !

Good Bye

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
  • Like 1