Eduard MiG-21MF in 72nd scale

Looks like we are getting a new top quality " MiG-21 serie Walkaround "

Top work Gabor , thanks very much.

I think I can still make some use of YOUR PP Aeroparts set !

Madcop.

On 7/2/2018 at 6:02 PM, ya-gabor said:

The torques blue (green)

Gabor, Hi!

Emerald, original name was emerald:

In general, you built very good and great! A lot of useful information!

B.R.

Serge

• 2 weeks later...

Actually the same question was posted by two different people at two different forums roughly at the same time. The answer in the IPMS Nymburk forum contains a little more info.

23.07.2018-23:16  -  Vladimír Šulc    Dotaz na Eduardy

PFM a PF vydáme v průběhu příštího roku. Přesné termíny ještě nemáme určené. R a Bis budou pravděpodobně o rok později.

We will release PFM and PF during the next year. Exact release dates are not yet determined. R and Bis will probably come the year after.

Edited by JBr
  • Thanks 1

I can also remember these times. I remember when Hasegawa released his 1/32 F-16,my friend rushed about the kit and as Model Colours for F-16 were not available at the time, there we went to an airbase where we had some contacts and we managed to get some original paints in different bottles. These were 3 components paint.( paint-solvent-hardener) These were smelling a lot. Back home we went on painting the F-16 with these original colours. The Hasegawa plastic didn't even craze ...what I still can't explain !

I didn't have a mask , and while  the paint didn't manage to craze the plastic it did to my head !  I had headaches for two weeks, but this F-16 model wore the right colours !. Since then I have built a spray boot with an industrial extractor going out through my home roof and I am  wearing  a mask , even for acrylic paints !

While you were trying to get kits from the West , we did the same for these " hard to get-mysterious" Eastern bloc products….

The times, they are changing !

C'mon Gabor, let us show all these subtil differences between real and "false" MiG-21 MF and keep on going with this Eduard kit…..😂

Madcop.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/24/2018 at 3:14 PM, ya-gabor said:

Actually the very first kit built around 1968 was a Russian Yak-3 kit from an unknown producer in strange scale (think 1/30 - 1/40 or similar)

Gabor, it was Yak-3 Moscow factory "Krugozor" in 1/50 scale:

1020335-25170-13-pristine.jpg

68698726.208x208.jpg

There was also metal die-cast Yak-3 1/72.

About Soviet MiG-9 in big scale we do not know anything. Are you sure that it was the MiG-9?

All MiG-9 which I knew were on a scale of 1/72, it was an injection of MiG-9 from Novosibirsk "Scarabey" and a vacuum from Kharkov "Aviastend", but they first appeared in the late 80's.

However, there was something strange called the "MiG-19" which looked more like a single-seat Mikoyan I-320 and was supposed to be a copy of Lindberg's model:

RussianMiG-19BoxArt.jpg

On 7/26/2018 at 11:03 AM, madcop said:

While you were trying to get kits from the West , we did the same for these " hard to get-mysterious" Eastern bloc products….

Some mysterious" Eastern bloc products (as "Kamov Ka-15")

which you are unlikely to meet in reality can be seen here:

On 7/26/2018 at 11:03 AM, madcop said:

The times, they are changing !

Technology is changing, but times seem to come back old. At least, recently, I often recall the expression "History develops in a spiral, repeating with each new turn what it was before"

B.R.

Serge

• Like 2

"Once again when released it was good, but when was that . . . "  

21bis  December 1990

SMT, RF, PF Late and Early, PFM in 1991

MF. April 1992

The "New" ZVEZDA bis is already 12 years old and the Revell F-13 is now 14 Years old !

I still have this Heller MiG-21 !

Have a nice "remembrance" day !

Madcop   🙄

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

To show the difference between the original Russian cockpit blue colour and the one used by Hungarian AF from mid 70’s a Russian original piece of canopy heating duct was put on the canopy of a Hungarina MF. Actually exactly the same parts.

atAprI9.jpg

Looks like the "Wallkyd Green" paint has chipped, revealing turquoise color beneath. Do you know if the cockpit was painted over in Hungary, and if yes, when?

I have to say your detail painting is very impressive. It looks better than prepainted photoetch, just as sharp but with more depth.

• Like 1

Hi Gabor

Real nice attention to details. Could you maybe post a picture showing the differences on the sticks handgrips ?

You said " The main airbrake in the kit is a definitive NO USE part (D45) for me. It is way too thick and lacks details. A set of new main airbrakes was made."

Did you build it out of plastic sheet , or from another one or from P.E. ?

Looking forward to see more of your work , especially on the nose ….

Many thanks,

Madcop 😉

Hello,

Very, very interesting topic ! Many thanks Gabor for sharing all your knowledge on the Mig.

I'm looking forward to your next update on this topic

Ivan  

• Like 1