Eduard MiG-21MF in 72nd scale

On 6/27/2018 at 4:34 PM, manuel said:

My profipack version don't have the sink marks you show.

Manuel

Sorry I have to remove my posts

Good Bye

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
  • Like 1

Hello Gabor.

Great preparation work… I'm also busy with this tail cone ( and air intake) I had the same approach and I also tried  to represent the weld lines. I say I tried cause all my efforts were vain. Can you explain how you managed to create these perfect circular and fitting weld lines. How did you get the right diameter and what material did you use ? I certainly missed one of the basics of modelling !.

Thanks for your help and ….congratulations.

Madcop. 🤔

Hi Gabor

Thanks for this quick answer.

I did as you but used flat sprue  and too large ! I never managed to align them properly. I assume that the spacing between the inner welds are equal, and that the first one correspond to the outer scribed panel line...

Could you tell us what's the distance between this scribed panel line and the cone side ( short end) trailing edge. That could be of some help as most of us do not have this kind of information.

I just wish you were still producing some resin or other stuff. I still have your MiG-21 Detail set by PP Aeropart from 1989…… Jesus we're growing old !

Many , many thanks for your help.

Madcop. ☺️

P.S. I suppose that left and right side of the cone are the same design …...

• Like 1

Thank you for your very detailed coverage of the variants, and especially the tail cone details.  I'm finishing the Eduard 1/48 MF now and have split the seam on the bottom of the tail area (not engineered as a cone, but as halves) now about a dozen times.  I've decided to wait until everything else is finished to deal with it, as even gentle handling has forced it to split again.

Lee

Hi Gabor

A big big THANKS for all your explanations. Your pictures are goldmines. Looking forward to see how you are going to " update, correct, rectify etc.…" the air intake and what "hidden place " we'll  discover  ….

Bye for now .

Madcop. 😊

On 7/1/2018 at 11:07 AM, madcop said:

Looking forward to see how you are going to " update, correct, rectify etc.…" the air intake

Sorry I have to remove my posts

Good Bye

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

Hi Gabor.

May I allow me to ask you the last question ...before the next one…?

One thing that surely keep me "unsafe" is the way these MiG-21S-SM-MF cockpits were painted.

There are two or more different shades to be seen on different cockpit pictures. Green-Turquoise and Grey.

Did Moscow Zavod proceed with one cockpit color (Green) and Gorkij Zavod with another one (Blue).

When overhauled , could it be that these factory shades were repainted another shade , like grey or other ?

When overhauled, were these aircrafts sent back to the factory from where they originated or were there overhauled in the country of active service ?

MRP has a Turquoise shade for the MiG-21 and Early 23. This shade looks to me like green , more than like blue …. They also have a blue-grey tone for the MiG-15-17-19.

I am CONFUSED !

Could you bring us a little light on this ….

Thank-You.

Madcop.🤨

Hi Gabor.

Thanks  for this explanation. I'll sleep a little bit better now that I know that I can't be wrong with Turquoise as long as my model is "fresh from factory " !

Now for the fading effect, I'll see whether this Turquoise turned into a greener or bluer shade….subtility again

Looking forward to read more of your work on this model.

Madcop. 🤨

If I may add some more...

As far as I know, some other WP MiG-21s were overhauled at Tököl too, not only the Hungarian ones. My engine teacher told that he passed like 200 aircrafts. I can give a call if any of you are intrested. And also, if he still alive...

8 hours ago, madcop said:

I'll sleep a little bit better now that I know that I can't be wrong with Turquoise as long as my model is "fresh from factory " !

Now for the fading effect, I'll see whether this Turquoise turned into a greener or bluer shade….subtility again

For a complete rundown on available Russian cockpit interior colors, see here:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1