1/48 - URAL 4320 truck & APA-5D Russian airfield starter truck & bomb loading carts by Kitty Hawk - released - HAD Models detailing sets

Homebee

6 hours ago, ABeck said:

QUOTATION:  Contains parts to build one model

NOPE!!!!

My kit just arrived; bought and paid on 2020/03/07, left Shenzhen on 2020/03/11, at my house door 1030h AM on 2020/03/13; carrier:FedEX; total amount incl p&p € 54.-

The kit contains parts for two models (the trucks) and a tow bar and an access ladder

small decal sheet

small PE fret

usual KH instruction booklet

Photos please!!

Thanks for the info!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - URAL 4320 truck & APA-5D Russian airfield starter truck & bomb loading carts by Kitty Hawk - released - HAD Models detailing sets
On 4/11/2021 at 12:38 PM, JeffreyK said:

Don't understand why they didn't make the tires weighted/sagged?? Such a wasted opportunity.

Would have been a 100% 2x buy from me but not so...

J

With respect, the Ural 4320 has a central tyre inflation system and those tyres are incredibly heavy, in these two configurations the truck is nowhere near it's maximum load so there's minimal weighting and little sag. Too many of these sagged/weighted aircraft tyres are seriously overdone such that on touchdown they would likely collapse.

Just as with their original resin kits a quick pass over rough sandpaper is all that's really needed IMHO.

Have a watch of 'Ice Cold in Alex' and see the bulge that would be normal in service, in the desert pressures were reduced for grip/flotation and reinflated for road use. With only a manual pump most drivers never bothered deflating them.

No, no one would do these in 72nd.  It's not a popular scale and everyone builds 48th and 32nd...  I'm willing to bet on a 72nd set at some point real soon.  Some of the stuff is already around but they're some still coming.  Cheers!