Israeli Spitfire Mk.IX ; Eduard 1/72

Hello folks , this is the eduard profipack kit of the Mk.IX finished as an Israeli machine . 

Spitfire

Spitfire

Spitfire

Spitfire

Spitfire

Regards ,
Basu Roy

• Like 43
  • Thanks 1

On 6/20/2018 at 9:10 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

:worthy: Beautiful Israeli Spitfire ... May i inquire as to your colors for the camouflage. 

Thanks ... the colours were mixed using different shades that I regrettably cannot recall right now as the model was painted back in jan but the final assembly finished only a month back . That said , I can recall using gunze red-brown as the base for the brown which I then lightened by using deck tan . Cheers :)

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I am also working on this particular model. I am a little confused by Eduard's instructions on Page 13. This relates the structure in the midline on the underside of the plane (I don't even know what to call it). I seems that you can either leave it out or use one of two options. I see that you have used the smaller option B12. None of the pictures of the various paint schemes includes this piece at all. I have the kit for Eduard's 1/48 version of exactly the same plane and that does not even include the piece at all. It is also not in the AZ version of the Mk IX Spitfire. Does anyone know what it is and when it should be used?

• Like 1

It is what is known as a "slipper" fuel tank, a more aero dynamic fuel tank that could be fitted when extended range was required. If you want to be 100 Percent accurate you would have to find picture of the aircraft you are modelling with the tank fiitted, or its up to you

• Like 2

Very nice.  The old girl looks like she's been rode hard and put away wet a few times.  I've never tried and Eduard kit but I looked in the box of a Spit last time I was in the LHS... Scared me to death!  It had more parts than your average B52!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Cookenbacher said:

The weathered finish is wonderful, another great build Basu Roy.

Thanks Cookenbacher :)

8 hours ago, Uncle Pete said:

Very nice.  The old girl looks like she's been rode hard and put away wet a few times.  I've never tried and Eduard kit but I looked in the box of a Spit last time I was in the LHS... Scared me to death!  It had more parts than your average B52!

Yep the part count is quite high but around 30-40% of those are not used . They crammed in loads of parts for variants and options .

7 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Wonderful!  What did you use as a chipping medium?

Thanks :) , I used normal table salt as chipping mask . What I did was first paint the surface in aluminium color ; I then wetted the surface very lightly and sprayed salt on it in a random manner . Sprayed the top coat and then removed the salt to reveal the underneath aluminium paint .

• Like 2

The Eduard kit seems great value and goes together really well. The other Mark IX kit that I am familiar with is the AZ which needs more work but can still turn out a decent looking result. The main problem with the EZ is that if you do not want cut down wings you have to shave down the wing and glue on the elliptical tip end to end.