1/72 Lancaster B. MK III Dambuster, Hasegawa Kit

5 hours ago, CMSCHLOM said:

We will be trailing the remaining 5 jets back to the UK at the end of July and I believe that the best way of getting the model from here to RAF Marham is on our support aircraft. As for the journey south from your location to MCAS Beaufort a FEDEX option might be the best, given the timeframe, for which we will arrange and pay for at this end.

Not sure that I would trust FEDEX with it. If you can't drive it to South Carolina yourself, I wonder if it would be possible to arrange a relay of modelers to take it. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

Not sure that I would trust FEDEX with it. If you can't drive it to South Carolina yourself, I wonder if it would be possible to arrange a relay of modelers to take it. 

Not a bad idea, was thinking the same.  I may road trip down with a buddy.

On 6/19/2018 at 9:28 PM, kapam said:

Awesome work there - and a brilliant tribute!

Love how you have simulated the ripples in the water (transports me back to watching the movie).

Nice to see the Hasegawa kit getting a run too - somewhat overlooked with other competitors arriving on the market.

Overall a brilliant job, and I wish you success with the generous offer to the Consulate or the Squadron.

:clap:

Looks like it will be going to 617 Squadron!  See note below.

Love how you have simulated the ripples in the water (transports me back to watching the movie).

Nice to see the Hasegawa kit getting a run too - somewhat overlooked with other competitors arriving on the market.

Overall a brilliant job, and I wish you success with the generous offer to the Consulate or the Squadron.

On 6/20/2018 at 1:09 PM, bigbadbadge said:

Wow what a lovely model and diorama.  Got thevideo to work too. Fantastic work.   Very generous offer to donate this too. Top bloke. 

PS I like the warning sign too and the stash !!!

Thanksfor sharing. 

All the best 

Chris 

• Like 1

On 6/21/2018 at 2:25 AM, IanC said:

Absolutely brilliant. 

But surely the title of the piece should be:

'Apres Moi le Deluge'?

I am using your title to rename the plaque before it goes to the UK with 617 Squadron.  Thanks!

• Like 3

I built this kit and donated it to 617 Squadron based at RAF Marham.  In return, they sent me a beautiful certificate signed by the Squadron members at MCAS Beaufort, SC; patches and coin.  A treasured gift I'd like to share with you.

60945858336__BD470F4E-F563-43C4-871E-CFF52CE1E787 (2)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, CMSCHLOM said:

I built this kit and donated it to 617 Squadron based at RAF Marham.  In return, they sent me a beautiful certificate signed by the Squadron members at MCAS Beaufort, SC; patches and coin.  A treasured gift I'd like to share with you.

That certificate is awesome!  Something to treasure for years to come.

:clap:👍👍

• Like 1

Missed this when first posted, but just want to say that I'm very impressed.

Superb is an inadequate word here. You can be very proud to have made such a masterpiece.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, FinnAndersen said:

Missed this when first posted, but just want to say that I'm very impressed.

Superb is an inadequate word here. You can be very proud to have made such a masterpiece.

Many thanks Finn.