F-22 Raptor Camouflage Paint Problem

Papa4ways

Hi Folks,

I really could do with some help here, I've taken on a 1/48 Scale F-22 Raptor, but the paint scheme on it is driving me nuts, it's a good job I'm using acrylics, as by the time I get fed up trying, at least I can clear it off, anyway, any tips on how to paint this grey over grey colour they use

I seem to remember seeing someone using an almost plastic like spray on film, that simply peeled off when they finished painting, but I never caught the name of the stuff, and although I have serious health issues, on top of that, I've now got a problem with my hands, through nerve damage, I'm losing the power in my hands, and doing the likes of intricate work, well it's getting hard, and is really starting to get to me, so, anyone who can offer some help, I thank you, it will be greatly appreciated

• 9 months later...

I am not sure how the guys missed this one, but there certainly should be somengood advice to give to you considering. I know it has been a long time, and I hope that you were able to get the paint figured out on the Rapter. Is it the hasegawa kit, if so, which version? They had the original "role out", but the details were largely based on the scupltures imagination, rather than the real aircraft, so the newest Rapter has a much more accurate build.

Even if you finished that kit long ago, I hope that by my reacting to your post, it gets others to chime in and lend a helping hand, so to speak.

Cheers,

Anthony stalker6recon D'Agostino