Humbrol Acrylic, back in the UK.

sapperastro

Hello gents,

Not sure if this is common knowledge, but Humbrol acrylics will now be made in the UK, by Rustins. Apparently the recent factory fire that sent enamel production down the chute, also affected the release of the new acrylics, as some of you may have seen many colours going out of stock lately; well thats why. I was told this by a guy from Humbrol via email, so it is the real deal.

Now, I guess we can speculate as to the nature of the new paint, but I for one am glad the Chinese expedition is over, as the acrylics were going from bad to worse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think this was known at the time, but I suspect that a great many got sick of Humbrol's lack of QC and went elsewhere in the meantime, which will have been exacerbated by their scarcity.  Fingers crossed they come back with a decent airbrushable (i.e. decent pigment grind) acrylic, as you can never have too many paints :shrug:

• Like 1

Well, for my own part I agree with the decent pigment grind, however, I would like a nice THICK paint that can be both brushed well, and be easily be thinned further for airbrush as desired. I am over the 'pre-thinned' paints that more and more companies are pushing onto the scene as airbrush ready.