My posted images have gone big, why?

All images from all posters :( i have a feeling I pressed a setting by accident but dont know what :(. Now every ones images are showing abnormally large

Edited by RidgeRunner

N'kay - what're you using to view the forums?  Tablet, phone or PC/Laptop?  Have you accidentally clicked on the browser's "request desktop" option in the menu?  There may also be a keyboard shortcut, which would make it even easier to bash.  I don't think you have much choice within the forum software, but it generally shrinks the pics down to match your device's screen.  Try a reboot if that sounds like what's happened.

2 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Now ever ofies images are showing abnormally large

I've tried to understand that bit, but I had to give up :shrug: It's the first bit that's giving my head the wobblies :hypnotised:

6 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Where do I locate the “desktop” you referred to? 

I can't help much there, as I've not had an Apple device now for several years.  There will be a menu in the browser that has a checkbox that says the equivalent of "Request Desktop Site".  If you uncheck that, you should get the mobile-friendly or "responsive" site that shrinks stuff to match your screen real-estate.

Yep - they're going off the side of my page too.  I suspect there'll be an update to fix that any second now, as we just applied a small update, which coincides with this happening.  You can pinch zoom out to see the full pics, but I agree it's a pest.  It'll get fixed shortly though :)

Yeah - I've alerted the authorities as they say :) These little bugs sometimes occur when you have two software packages working together.  IPS change their codebase, and our Theme provider has to race to keep up.  In fairness to the guy, he's quick off the mark, and is more than helpful :yes:

I've just tested this with the stock theme that comes with the forum software, and it is happening there too, so it looks like an Invision bug, rather than a Theme one.  I've opened a ticket on the subject with them too now :)

• Like 1

Hi Mike. The overhanging photo thing seems to have been happening all afternoon on all devices - tablet, mobile phone and laptop. Not tried on a PC though. Seems to be the same across Apple, Android and Windows.

Kind regards,

Stix