Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

bentwaters81tfw

The world just got more ridiculous!

Recommended Posts

There's one currently on Ebay at buy it now for £249.99!!

 

One at £175 with 36 bids!

 

Plenty more around the £60/70 mark with bids.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, badger said:

There's one currently on Ebay at buy it now for £249.99!!

 

One at £175 with 36 bids!

 

Plenty more around the £60/70 mark with bids.

 

 

There's now one with a starting bid of £150 and a Buy it Now of £600!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2018 at 3:31 AM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Definitely love the recipe @Beardie ... Wish i could find haggis here in the states. If i can i will try it someday. 

Be careful what you wish for

 

https://www.scottishgourmetusa.com/product/Hamilton-highland-haggis-in-USA/haggis-usa

 

Trevor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, John Laidlaw said:

Never challenge Trevor  - he will find it 😀.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Find-It-BOX-04470-Original-Version/dp/B0012IPWHK#immersive-view_1529705535771

 

Trevor 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

There is a leak though. The Carbon Dioxide is being used up in trying to keep it inflated!

There's plenty of that being generated here alone to do that! 

 

Garrulous of Mars 👽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Max Headroom said:
On 6/20/2018 at 9:31 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

 

Be careful what you wish for

Ive had Haggis before about 20 years ago. I just haven't been able to find it anywhere locally. Thanks for the link. 

 

Dennis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HLJ is now out of stock of the Wave Haunebu boxing but it is on backorder. Price has gone up a bit though, it has massively jumped by £2.27p to an eye watering £27.27p plus post! If you want it cheap get it from HLJ!

 

Paul Harrison

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, badger said:

There's one currently on Ebay at buy it now for £249.99!!

 

One at £175 with 36 bids!

 

Plenty more around the £60/70 mark with bids.

 

So the world isn't turning more ridiculous, it's actually turning dumber.......or was it already..?????

Never underestimate some people's ability to play the fool, and never, I repeat, never, start an argument with them...they alway win....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 4:51 PM, AndyRM101 said:

This bit bemused me

 

'A spokesman said Revell distances itself from glorification of wars and the Nazi era and is trying to work out how and why the toy was developed and made available for sale.'

 

Doesn't the spokesman for Revell know that they didn't develop the kit, only rebox a squadron product? And presumably, if they're not going to glorify war or the Nazi era, they won't be making any more Messerschmitts, Dorniers, Tigers, Panthers etc. 

 

Andy:cat:

Know what you mean!! Not entirely sure though how producing kits of Messerschmitts etc "glorifies" war. If Revell take that view then surely they should stop producing military subjects altogether because, surely they ALL "glorify" war? All very weird!!

 

Allan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 12:10 AM, spaddad said:

The Jockinese are truly an unusual & unique race, I'm off to Asda tomorrow to acquire the ingredients, this demands checking out.

Then you really MUST try the double fried egg butty with chili sauce and chutney!!😂

 

 

Allan

 

ps - I cannot claim credit for this culinary masterpiece. That goes to one D Lister Esq - he of Red Dwarf fame!

pps - whatever you do, DON'T try the other (in)famous Jockinese delights, the deep fried Pizza and, deep fried Mars bar!! 

ppps - Can you imagine the fuss if kits of the AT-AT and, AT-ST etc appeared emblazoned with black crosses and Swastikas?:lol:

Edited by Albeback52

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just bought one for £250 on eBay, phew I'm glad I got one before they disappear forever.

My family will just have to do without food until next month.

 

If you actually want one and are not insane you just have to wait until they re-circulate at low prices in the near future as I guarantee people bought in 10's and 20's to try and take advantage but will sell at low prices to move them on in the future when people stop being silly.

 

It's the usual to see this behavior on eBay but I think it's a bit low for well known retailers to be selling them for the high amounts. 

I own a retail business myself and a core principle should be offering customers good value, if it sells out it sells out. Don't rip your customers off.

 

Now if you really want a genuienly rare revell, kit try the Revell NH90 helicopter in 1/144. It took me 4 years to find one at a non silly price.

 

 

Edited by SUB-SAM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Albeback52 said:

Know what you mean!! Not entirely sure though how producing kits of Messerschmitts etc "glorifies" war. If Revell take that view then surely they should stop producing military subjects altogether because, surely they ALL "glorify" war? All very weird!!

 

Allan

Out of context it reads like it comes from someone who's never heard of Revell before but somehow ended up in a spokesman position and they've only just suddenly noticed "Wow, we make model kits themed around WW2-era Germany?! How did we let that happen?!", but reading the article again however...it's just an utterly absurd leap in logic made by the ones complaining, it sounds like people have basically:

  • Suddenly noticed Revell making a model kit based on the Haneube II
  • For some reason those people thought it was a real thing, as the packaging makes no mention of it being fictional and it has a seemingly historical basis with it's general theme of WW2
  • Came to the conclusion that, because the packaging doesn't say it's fictional, they must be claiming it isn't fictional and that it was a thing that was actually made.
  • From that determined that they are therefore claiming Germany in general must have had advanced, science-fiction technology during WW2, to the extent they had technology that was literally impossible
  • Jumped to the idea that this means they must somehow be using this to cast doubt on facts and are somehow supporting the conspiracy theories about the Nazi's having extremely advanced technology during WW2, because apparently making a kit that's fictional means they must think they "built a space ship".
  • Then think that by association that means they must glorify Nazi's and War
  • Then after these complaints Revell thinks making this kit in general (not just the kinda unclear packaging, the actual kit) is bad because it's fictional and they aren't sure "how and why the toy was developed".

 

So basically, it's a leap from "The packaging doesn't say it wasn't real, that's a bit misleading" to "They must glorify Nazi's and War". The whole thing is just baffling.

 

Edited by TheVoidDragon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2018 at 2:38 PM, TheVoidDragon said:

Out of context it reads like it comes from someone who's never heard of Revell before but somehow ended up in a spokesman position and they've only just suddenly noticed "Wow, we make model kits themed around WW2-era Germany?! How did we let that happen?!", but reading the article again however...it's just an utterly absurd leap in logic made by the ones complaining, it sounds like people have basically:

  • Suddenly noticed Revell making a model kit based on the Haneube II
  • For some reason those people thought it was a real thing, as the packaging makes no mention of it being fictional and it has a seemingly historical basis with it's general theme of WW2
  • Came to the conclusion that, because the packaging doesn't say it's fictional, they must be claiming it isn't fictional and that it was a thing that was actually made.
  • From that determined that they are therefore claiming Germany in general must have had advanced, science-fiction technology during WW2, to the extent they had technology that was literally impossible
  • Jumped to the idea that this means they must somehow be using this to cast doubt on facts and are somehow supporting the conspiracy theories about the Nazi's having extremely advanced technology during WW2, because apparently making a kit that's fictional means they must think they "built a space ship".
  • Then think that by association that means they must glorify Nazi's and War
  • Then after these complaints Revell thinks making this kit in general (not just the kinda unclear packaging, the actual kit) is bad because it's fictional and they aren't sure "how and why the toy was developed".

 

So basically, it's a leap from "The packaging doesn't say it wasn't real, that's a bit misleading" to "They must glorify Nazi's and War". The whole thing is just baffling.

 

 

 

Actually it sounds like my wife's rationale on everything. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I must admit I was a little confused when I read the product description, which did act like the model was actually a real-life vehicle, but like a rational human being I used the Great Power of The Internet to check this. I won't even open the can of worms which is general squeamishness around swastikas and Nazi imagery, but I would agree with the point that it's more of an issue within Germany, where they have been having a crisis concerning their whole history from unification to the end of world war two. 

My two cents is that whoever designed the information for the kit should have made it clear it was a sci-fi subject, although that is rather idiot-proofing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sairou said:

I must admit I was a little confused when I read the product description, which did act like the model was actually a real-life vehicle, but like a rational human being I used the Great Power of The Internet to check this. I won't even open the can of worms which is general squeamishness around swastikas and Nazi imagery, but I would agree with the point that it's more of an issue within Germany, where they have been having a crisis concerning their whole history from unification to the end of world war two. 

My two cents is that whoever designed the information for the kit should have made it clear it was a sci-fi subject, although that is rather idiot-proofing it. 

Maybe they could re-release it in a couple of years time in Royal New Zealand Fighter Air Corp markings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sairou said:

although that is rather idiot-proofing it. 

Erm, packets of nuts are sold with a 'may contain nuts' warning.

Look at all the stickers they have to put on new cars.

I think the common sense factory burnt down at some point in the recent past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sairou said:

I must admit I was a little confused when I read the product description, which did act like the model was actually a real-life vehicle, but like a rational human being I used the Great Power of The Internet to check this. I won't even open the can of worms which is general squeamishness around swastikas and Nazi imagery, but I would agree with the point that it's more of an issue within Germany, where they have been having a crisis concerning their whole history from unification to the end of world war two. 

My two cents is that whoever designed the information for the kit should have made it clear it was a sci-fi subject, although that is rather idiot-proofing it. 

It's not any different from the way they usually do descriptions though, is it? They don't outright say "this is fictional" or anything like that, they just have a description of what the thing is supposed to be like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheVoidDragon said:

It's not any different from the way they usually do descriptions though, is it? They don't outright say "this is fictional" or anything like that, they just have a description of what the thing is supposed to be like.

You could be right, I haven't built many sci-fi vehicles. I have seen a few 'paperpanzer' models that do make it clear they're just prototypes, however

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now look, if you are going to have a flying saucer, you might as well have one of a decent size....

 

FQZ65nQ.jpg

 

The saucer from Forbidden Planet. Built some years ago in Saudi for my mate John.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:38 PM, TheVoidDragon said:

Out of context it reads like it comes from someone who's never heard of Revell before but somehow ended up in a spokesman position and they've only just suddenly noticed "Wow, we make model kits themed around WW2-era Germany?! How did we let that happen?!", but reading the article again however...it's just an utterly absurd leap in logic made by the ones complaining, it sounds like people have basically:

  • Suddenly noticed Revell making a model kit based on the Haneube II
  • For some reason those people thought it was a real thing, as the packaging makes no mention of it being fictional and it has a seemingly historical basis with it's general theme of WW2
  • Came to the conclusion that, because the packaging doesn't say it's fictional, they must be claiming it isn't fictional and that it was a thing that was actually made.
  • From that determined that they are therefore claiming Germany in general must have had advanced, science-fiction technology during WW2, to the extent they had technology that was literally impossible
  • Jumped to the idea that this means they must somehow be using this to cast doubt on facts and are somehow supporting the conspiracy theories about the Nazi's having extremely advanced technology during WW2, because apparently making a kit that's fictional means they must think they "built a space ship".
  • Then think that by association that means they must glorify Nazi's and War
  • Then after these complaints Revell thinks making this kit in general (not just the kinda unclear packaging, the actual kit) is bad because it's fictional and they aren't sure "how and why the toy was developed".

 

So basically, it's a leap from "The packaging doesn't say it wasn't real, that's a bit misleading" to "They must glorify Nazi's and War". The whole thing is just baffling.

 

I know. When I first heard about it I thought it was a plug for Charlie Brooker's 'World of Stupid'.

 

On the upside, it made me take note of (and subsequently order) the Squadron Haunebu which aside from being significantly cheaper is substantially superior.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...