The world just got more ridiculous!

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

Nought but propaganda and untruths! :shocked: I recall a PM from a guy I used to know by the name Martin who asked me to turn him into a Martian <_<

Incorrect! You decreed that I was a Martian and everyone else took up on the idea. I changed my name to avoid confusion.

Martian 👽

4 hours ago, Beardie said:

there are people who will believe this is real and that they are being lied to

Then, they should ban selling globes, because those "Plain Earth Society" gents could fell ripped off......🤣

Cheers....

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Beardie said:

Well it does already bear a striking resemblance to the Adamski flying saucer which, I believe, can be found in kit form and that would take it away from any 'glorifying the Nazis' connotations.

Or with a bit of work 'This Island Earth'....There's got to be something they can use the mould for (don't follow Sci-Fi kits very much but seeing how many build them it'd make sense)....

22 minutes ago, Mike said:

Nought but propaganda and untruths! :shocked: I recall a PM from a guy I used to know by the name Martin who asked me to turn him into a Martian <_<

Star Date 19th June 2015 quote from @Mike 

"C'mon Martian - more pics and stuff. We want to see more!

Yes. I spelled it Martian on purpose. That's your new name for this thread"

The smoking blurglecruncheon methinks! 🔫

Martian 👽

PS: Had to use the gun smiley as there isn't one for blurglecruncheon.

2 hours ago, Beardie said:

@noelh The 'Global establishment' is exactly that, the currently operating established governments, there was no veiled meaning there. I simply state that current governments are very worried that things may get out of hand and so they are trying to remove what they see as ammunition for extremist groups. Unfortunately banning things tends to add momentum to the ball rather than putting the brakes on due to simple human nature. I don't believe the conspiracy theory stuff on the whole because most super wealthy and powerful people are just not that clever

Thank goodness. I had visions of you up there in the Highlands, digging a bunker and stocking up on guns and tinned goods! Should have known better.

I agree, stuff like this gives ammunition to the conspiracy nuts. It's all part of the cover up in their demented minds. 

Besides the whole non story is silly. Actually I think I've seen that kit in one of the shops here. Must check it out tomorrow.

• Like 3

Here in Tenerife, there's a saying that says: "Another fool arriving, and someone falls into the water" (remember we're an island..)......:) :):):) of course, freely translated...

Edited by Artie

2 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

That's your new name for this thread

There's the smoking gummy bear. Right there! Emphasised for you. :smartass:

Luckily for you, I don't have a copy of the Pm where you asked me to make the name change official. Tsk! :dull:

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Mike said:

There's the smoking gummy bear. Right there! Emphasised for you. :smartass:

Luckily for you, I don't have a copy of the Pm where you asked me to make the name change official. Tsk! :dull:

Rather unlucky as it happens as it would show my request referring to the spread of the Martian name across the BM universe and the confusion it was causing. if you will let the bonkers genie out of the bottle, you should be aware that it is practically impossible to force him back in. 🧞‍♂️

Martian (Running amuck across the Galaxy since 2015.) 👽

1 hour ago, Mike said:

He's not normal :mental:

Did I ever claim I was?

31 minutes ago, Truro Model Builder said:

That applies to 99.99% of members on this site.

And the other 0.01% are of the female-type beings.

And we're not entirely sure about them; after all they signed up of their own free wills!

Martian 👽 (Does what it says on the tin.)

3 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I'll wager there isn't another modelling Martian on this planet.

I hope we don't have to export him when Brexit finally occurs.

There had better not be! Anyway, as Mars' leading emissary to your planet, I am entitled to diplomatic immunity. There's another first for you; Martian and diplomatic appearing in the same sentence! 

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

On 6/19/2018 at 3:52 PM, Mike said:

Do we have to make it clear that Star Wars films aren't historical documents now? :shrug:

Awww........but they are historical. It says so at the beginning ....."A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..."  :)

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, noelh said:

Thank goodness. I had visions of you up there in the Highlands, digging a bunker and stocking up on guns and tinned goods! Should have known better.

Quite. The very notion of tinned haggis..... :)

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Ach yez huv nivver lived!

Here's a recipe for ye.....

1 tin of haggis (has to be Grant's) heated in a pan until the fat has thoroughly melted.

Add in a good amount of grated cheddar, salt and a healthy 'splosh' of hot sauce (Tabasco or hotter if you can find it) and stir until a gooey mess.

Take it off the heat so that it starts to cool and the melted cheese starts to bind it together.

Put a healthy dollop of the mixture onto a corn tortilla

Add a liberal amount of grated cheddar and pickled jalapenos.

Fold in the end and roll it up.

Devour the firey, meaty, cheesy delight!

That is a personal recipe and one that I love. With each bite you get delicious haggis with the cool sharpness of the cheese and salty pickled jalapenos cutting through the greasiness of the haggis. Don't worry about the firey sauce which you liberally sploshed in as the acidity in the cheese negates much of the alkaline chili burn.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Beardie said:

Ach yez huv nivver lived!

Here's a recipe for ye.....

1 tin of haggis (has to be Grant's) heated in a pan until the fat has thoroughly melted.

Add in a good amount of grated cheddar, salt and a healthy 'splosh' of hot sauce (Tabasco or hotter if you can find it) and stir until a gooey mess.

Take it off the heat so that it starts to cool and the melted cheese starts to bind it together.

Put a healthy dollop of the mixture onto a corn tortilla

Add a liberal amount of grated cheddar and pickled jalapenos.

Fold in the end and roll it up.

Devour the firey, meaty, cheesy delight!

That is a personal recipe and one that I love. With each bite you get delicious haggis with the cool sharpness of the cheese and salty pickled jalapenos cutting through the greasiness of the haggis. Don't worry about the firey sauce which you liberally sploshed in as the acidity in the cheese negates much of the alkaline chili burn.

The Jockinese are truly an unusual & unique race, I'm off to Asda tomorrow to acquire the ingredients, this demands checking out.

• Like 3

Ta Beardie, copied your recipe and I'll try it soon. 

I will off course be using "Charlie Barly's" best Stornoway Marag which is the hight of cultural cuisine in it's own right.  

Just a bit unsure of the wisdom of not eating it neat and actually mixing it with something...             :hmmm:

8 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Yet another knee jerk reaction to a very soft topic, as free people living in a democracy are we not allowed to make up our own minds, right or wrong, then debate it.

Wholesale banning of a product or trying to re-write history is not the answer.

Maybe I've just missed something but what do you mean by "re-write history" in this context?

@Murdo Hmmm I don't know if I would use a 'connoiseur' class of Haggis for this flavour expedition. If you wish to avoid the tin I would be more inclined to go for a Halls Haggis. Alright, I know the Hall's beastie is not a 'genuine' haggis being as it comes from the subspecies which tastes somewhat like pig (check the ingredients list on the packet) but, on the other hand, it has a sweeter, less greasy flesh than the main species of Haggis which is, of course more like Mutton in it's flavour.

Of course the haggis is an animal in it's own right with a number of different sub species and not, as some scoundrels claim, made from sheep or pigs.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Beardie said:

Tell someone they can't have something and they will move heaven and earth to get it.

What, you mean like Wingnut Wings for example?

Edited by spaddad
  • Haha 2

This same topic was on Hyperscale. It only made it to the second page before it got pulled. It was getting a bit political and quite heated.

Who would have thought a small plastic model of something that has never existed would be the cause of such an excrement circus?

Chris

• Like 1