The world just got more ridiculous!

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Definitely love the recipe @Beardie ... Wish i could find haggis here in the states. If i can i will try it someday. 

If you do it has to be served with mashed potato and mashed swede, (tatties & neeps in Jockinese) unless you're doing Marty's recipe.

Edited by spaddad
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, spaddad said:

If you do it has to be served with mashed potato and mashed swede, (tatties & neeps in Jockinese) unless you're doing Marty's recipe.

And then deep-fried....  :)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Beardie said:

Ach yez huv nivver lived!

Here's a recipe for ye.....

1 tin of haggis (has to be Grant's) heated in a pan until the fat has thoroughly melted.

Add in a good amount of grated cheddar, salt and a healthy 'splosh' of hot sauce (Tabasco or hotter if you can find it) and stir until a gooey mess.

Take it off the heat so that it starts to cool and the melted cheese starts to bind it together.

Put a healthy dollop of the mixture onto a corn tortilla

Add a liberal amount of grated cheddar and pickled jalapenos.

Fold in the end and roll it up.

Devour the firey, meaty, cheesy delight!

That is a personal recipe and one that I love. With each bite you get delicious haggis with the cool sharpness of the cheese and salty pickled jalapenos cutting through the greasiness of the haggis. Don't worry about the firey sauce which you liberally sploshed in as the acidity in the cheese negates much of the alkaline chili burn.

Scotland scores again with yet another healthy eating winner! :rofl2:

Martian 👽

• Haha 4

Hello. 

Considering the events of the last nine months relating to the Revell group of companies, I would have thought that Revell Germany removing one kit from circulation is pretty "small potatoes" by comparison. My apologies if anyone has already posted a similar comment previously. 

It does show what a genuinely dumb, over-sensitive and shallow world we are now living in, unfortunately. It seems to me that organisations are increasingly paranoid about offending even one individual and would rather withdraw their products than have anyone object to them. Social media has given everyone the opportunity to shout from the top of the highest mountain and that is not a good thing, IMHO. Still, freedom of speech and all that...

Chris.  

• Like 2

@Murdo Sorry I wasn't paying proper attention last night. Stornoway Marag* may well be an interesting alternative to Haggis although I tend to prefer my Marag fried in a bun with sweet chili sauce and a handful of grated cheddar.

*Marag for those not blessed with the Gaelic is a distant relative of the Haggis known in English as the black pudding. The very finest specimens of the species are found wild in the Western Isles,

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dogsbody said:

This same topic was on Hyperscale. It only made it to the second page before it got pulled. It was getting a bit political and quite heated.

Who would have thought a small plastic model of something that has never existed would be the cause of such an excrement circus?

Cos this lot can't stay on topic if they tried! :cwl:

• Haha 9

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Cos this lot can't stay on topic if they tried! :cwl:

He certainly knows his membership!

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

He certainly knows his membership!

It's not a stretch when we started talking about flying saucers, and now we're on about haggis :shrug:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Mike said:

It's not a stretch when we started talking about flying saucers, and now we're on about haggis :shrug:

It all seems pretty much standard BM fare to me. It did occur however, that it would make a very interesting article for one of the modelling magazines as to what its like to run the world's largest nut house.

Martian the Sane👽

• Haha 4

15 hours ago, TheVoidDragon said:

"re-write history"

Quote; "A spokesman said Revell distances itself from glorification of wars and the Nazi era and is trying to work out how and why the toy was developed and made available for sale".

If this is the case why so many war machines in it's catalogue?

Revell said" it agrees his assessment and that 'it is in fact a legendary, extraordinary aircraft which cannot be proven in terms of its existence,' The Local reports.

'Unfortunately, our product description does not adequately express this and we apologize for it'."

So change the kit description.

Whether or not it existed or could do what it says on the box is probably nothing more than a bit of over zealous sales literature and is not going to cause the uprising of the Fourth Reich. Let people explore their world to find the truth or otherwise, but to ban it just seems, well, very autocratic

Maybe I was being to general in my wording.

4 hours ago, Mike said:

It's not a stretch when we started talking about flying saucers, and now we're on about haggis

I'm sure there was a tabloid headline along the lines of;

ALIENS STOLE MY BLACK PUDDING. 👽

• Haha 9

Never was I more disappointed with an album as that one, when you compare it to Golden Age of Wireless or even The Flat Earth :crying:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tony C said:

We could always bring back the :ignore: thread!

No we couldn't, nobody would take any notice of it!

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If anyone is still interested in flying saucers this kit was also issued as the Adamski UFO of 1950's fame. It has the military stuff deleted and new interiors in 1/48th scale.

Also I've been in Scotland since 1979 and tasted Haggis exactly once and never again! Deep fried Mars Bars are kinda interesting though.

Paul Harrison

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tony C said:

Take notice of what?

I don't know, I kind of didn't notice. See, I said the :ignore:thread wouldn't work. 

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, GreenDragon said:

If anyone is still interested in flying saucers this kit was also issued as the Adamski UFO of 1950's fame. It has the military stuff deleted and new interiors in 1/48th scale.

Also I've been in Scotland since 1979 and tasted Haggis exactly once and never again! Deep fried Mars Bars are kinda interesting though.

Paul Harrison

Young Mr Monk from Tirydium models made me a lighting kit for it, it will appear on these screens later this year. 👽

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Mike said:

Never was I more disappointed with an album as that one, when you compare it to Golden Age of Wireless or even The Flat Earth :crying:

I'm not surprised. Everyone knows that the Earth is round. The only way it will ever be flat is if the Vogons steamroller it as part of their galactic road improvement program. 

Martian 👽

• Haha 7