The world just got more ridiculous!

1 hour ago, VMA131Marine said:

Seems a bit of an overreaction based on willful ignorance, especially since the box art shows B-36's flying in the background.

Hmmm, these are still for sale:

http://www.squadron.com/Squadron-Models-1-72-Haunebu-II-German-Flying-Sa-p/sqm0001.htm - Currently on sale for $32

http://www.squadron.com/Haunebu-II-Saucer-p/peg9119.htm

http://www.squadron.com/Squadron-Models-1-72-Haunebu-II-Premium-Edition-p/sqm0002.htm

Oh... you just had to didn't you! My hand accidentally grabbed the mouse and clicked on "buy" causing my arm to go through an automatic PayPal authorisation process*

*unfortunately frequent occurrence due to this site! :blush:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Is that Daily Mail the same daily paper wich published pics of a volcanic eruption whoknowswhere, and said we were minutes away from a massive volcanic catastrophe here in Tenerife...??????

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Nocoolname said:

you just had to didn't you! My hand accidentally grabbed the mouse and clicked on "buy" causing my arm to go through an automatic PayPal authorisation process*

Maybe you've been abducted by Nazi alliens from the dark side of the Moon...or was it Anctarctica..????

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Artie said:

Maybe you've been abducted by Nazi alliens from the dark side of the Moon...or was it Anctarctica..????

Event Horizon.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Artie said:

Is that Daily Mail the same daily paper wich published pics of a volcanic eruption whoknowswhere, and said we were minutes away from a massive volcanic catastrophe here in Tenerife...??????

I don't know, I'm a vegetarian, so I don't buy anything that contains porkies.

• Haha 7

9 minutes ago, Nocoolname said:

I'm not sure it is a re-box of the Squadron kit. The latter is 14" across and looked quite hefty on the video review while the Revell kit suggests a diameter of 20cm.

Yes, you're right, it's not. My mistake. It's actually a rebox of this one.

Andy:cat:

29 minutes ago, Artie said:

Lower Puna Estate in Hawaii. Over twenty-four thousand square kilometres covered by Lava and 1.5 square km of brand new land covering the ocean that started on May 3rd.

Edited by Mick4350
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

In my mind you can.  Solipsism is a really weird thing. 

At least the solipsist is only abusing imaginary people, or "not real" people.

Define " not real " .   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Mick4350 said:

Define " not real " .   

The stacks of model kits up in my loft, they’re definitely not real. If I close the loft hatch, are they still there?

If a stack of models fall over up in the loft and no one is around to hear it, do they make a sound?

:pipe:

Mart

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, Mike said:

In my mind you can.  Solipsism is a really weird thing.  I know some people seem to think that only they matter in the world, but to believe everyone else is a pigment of their imagination? :mental:

Yeah but the uniforms are great!  ;)

f4c63865e2f38e83e1f13f29740a46ed.jpg

PS - The Haunebu thing wasn't down to me.....I actually approve of Nazi UFOs!  :fuhrer: :mental::thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mick4350 said:

Lower Puna Estate in Hawaii. Over twenty-four thousand square kilometres covered by Lava and 1.5 square km of brand new land covering the ocean that started on May 3rd.

24,000? Are you sure about that? The total area of the Hawaiian Islands is only 16,636.5 km2. Even 2400 kmwould be a square with sides 48.9km long and that would be a quarter of the area of the Big Island.

3 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

Yes, I know where those images came from, what I meant was that the daily m took them from another source, and invented a frightening story, without concerning about the damage they could cause.

12 minutes ago, Artie said:

Yes, I know where those images came from, what I meant was that the daily m took them from another source, and invented a frightening story, without concerning about the damage they could cause.

That’s just so unlike them

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

Event Horizon.

Where we're going, we don't need brains. :dunce:

48 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

24,000? Are you sure about that? The total area of the Hawaiian Islands is only 16,636.5 km2. Even 2400 kmwould be a square with sides 48.9km long and that would be a quarter of the area of the Big Island.

big-island-lava-flows.gif

Hawaii has been totally subsumed by the volcano.  All those green and brown parts are volcanic activity from thousands of years ago, the red is a bit hot. :jump_fire:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AndyRM101 said:

Yes, you're right, it's not. My mistake. It's actually a rebox of this one.

Andy:cat:

That's the one I have.  I was fashionably misleading before the rest of you :tease: Head & Hand is a really weird name for a model company. :hmmm:

I really wonder who complained about this. If it was people in the intended audience (scale modellers with Sci-fi or alternate history interests) than it seems like an absurd double standard considering all the other fictional kits that get released and don't say they're fictional, while if it was people who don't have an interest in this sort of thing than it's absurd that they'd cater to those people and remove it from sale. The response from Revell of what seems to amount to "We don't know how or why we made this thing" just makes it even stranger.

Edited by TheVoidDragon

How about a nice conspiracy theory? This story might have been a marketing ploy from Revell themselves to shift the kits, it's £50 here but you can still get the original Head & Hand/Wave kit for £25 in Japan at HLJ. Surface post is pretty cheap, at least it was last time I got stuff from them.

Paul Harrison

• Haha 1

Some of the anti-hyperbole hyperbole in this thread is almost as hyperbolic as the original story! Stay rational! Don't fall into their trap!

It's all a grey area really isn't it? I loved Iron Sky, but I can see that with right wing sentiment on the rise in Europe there are probably some associations with Nazism that are best avoided. And as Mike said it's hard to get a sense of the level of outrage (or otherwise) that might be felt in Germany from a position in the Anglosphere. Which has spent the years since WW2 turning Hitler into a figure of fun - see 'Allo 'Allo, Iron Sky, Monty Python, Danger Five, Kung Fury, etc. etc. etc.

W

• Like 1