The world just got more ridiculous!

It'll sell much better elsewhere now people know about it.  No such thing as bad PR :shrug:

Is it a rebox of the Pegasus kit?  I've already got mine if so ^_^

It could be more harmful to Whatiffery of the Luft46 variety if Germans are now no longer able to build anything speculative with a cross on it.  How will that affect Iron Sky?  Nazis on the moon will be banned now? It's all a bit barmy.  We don't know what the hue & cry was over there, and it's very easy to pontificate from this side of the channel, but it may just have been an expediency to placate some big mouths, perhaps made without thought for the future, or the fact that once you placate these cry-bullies, it emboldens them.  If they don't like it, they want to make damn sure you can't like it either.  Hopefully Revell can offload their remaining stock elsewhere, which may be easier as we all have now heard about it.  Get one to thumb your nose at them! :cwl:

Haunebu II STGB anyone? :wicked:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You heard the nut-jobs, when are you deleting the 'Sci-Fi' and 'What-if' sections Mike?

I'll get all my Luft-46 out for a good trampling on later, oh yes, I'll have to get all those fiction books off my shelves, as it isn't 100% true they'll have to go on the bonfire. That's seriously going to cut down on the telly programs that can be shown. And it looks like the Tellietubbies will have to face the firing squad. Bunch of frauds.

Stop using your imaginations!

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Gorby said:

You heard the nut-jobs, when are you deleting the 'Sci-Fi' and 'What-if' sections Mike?

Tomorrow, and now we can all blame you! :evil_laugh:

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

How could he, when the Earth is flat?

As a solipsist, I take great exception to one of the imaginary people insinuating that my dreamscape actually exists. <_<

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I can understand the complaints about something which, at a glance, appears like it has a historical basis with the description reading more as something that's factual than it does fiction - but Revell apparently "trying to work out how and why the toy was developed and made available for sale." seems to be going too far if that's not referring to just the packaging but rather not being sure why or how they made it in the first place. There's no problem with Revell making fictional kits, as long as that's made clear.

It's a rebox of a kit from the Far East if Frank's to be believed (do we believe him? :hmmm: ).  Maybe they should have just added a sticker that clarified it, rather than takling their ball home with them.  Some people really have got too few problems to deal with though.  Do we have to make it clear that Star Wars films aren't historical documents now? :shrug:

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

You might be able to get tablets for that.

In my mind you can.  Solipsism is a really weird thing.  I know some people seem to think that only they matter in the world, but to believe everyone else is a pigment of their imagination? :mental:

Not to be confused with narcissism, which has the same end result, but in some ways is worse, as they love themselves so much they don't give a :poop: about all the real people they're abusing.  At least the solipsist is only abusing imaginary people, or "not real" people.

• Like 1

Seems a bit of an overreaction based on willful ignorance, especially since the box art shows B-36's flying in the background.

Hmmm, these are still for sale:

http://www.squadron.com/Squadron-Models-1-72-Haunebu-II-German-Flying-Sa-p/sqm0001.htm - Currently on sale for $32

http://www.squadron.com/Haunebu-II-Saucer-p/peg9119.htm

http://www.squadron.com/Squadron-Models-1-72-Haunebu-II-Premium-Edition-p/sqm0002.htm

If I didn't have one already, I'd have one on the way.  I do like a bit of frivolous silliness with a germ in the maniac ramblings of a little guy from Austria with a funny moustache.  Didn't @Martian Hale build one some years back?  Should we burn him at the stake now?  :idea:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

This bit bemused me

'A spokesman said Revell distances itself from glorification of wars and the Nazi era and is trying to work out how and why the toy was developed and made available for sale.'

Doesn't the spokesman for Revell know that they didn't develop the kit, only rebox a squadron product? And presumably, if they're not going to glorify war or the Nazi era, they won't be making any more Messerschmitts, Dorniers, Tigers, Panthers etc. 

Andy:cat:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

If the Daily Fail are are suggesting that things that are completely made up should be banned, how do they justify their own existence?

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

I'm not suggesting 'The Daily Heil' are a bunch of liars (Of course I'm not, I'm stating it), but do we have any reliable evidence for this story?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AndyRM101 said:

This bit bemused me

'A spokesman said Revell distances itself from glorification of wars and the Nazi era and is trying to work out how and why the toy was developed and made available for sale.'

Doesn't the spokesman for Revell know that they didn't develop the kit, only rebox a squadron product? And presumably, if they're not going to glorify war or the Nazi era, they won't be making any more Messerschmitts, Dorniers, Tigers, Panthers etc. 

Andy:cat:

I'm not sure it is a re-box of the Squadron kit. The latter is 14" across and looked quite hefty on the video review while the Revell kit suggests a diameter of 20cm.

More ridiculous than what...??????

Than before...????? No way, that's almost impossible....

Than we expect...???? No way, never underestimate people's ability to surprise you, specially when talking rubbish....

IMHO, we've reached a point of foolishness that's getting somehow dangerous....

For that same reason, they should get any Luftwaffe subject away from catalogue, because that suggests that Nazis COULD have won he war...(that was teir aim, after all...).....

38 minutes ago, Gorby said:

If the Daily Fail are are suggesting that things that are completely made up should be banned, how do they justify their own existence?

I remember their outrage at GTA when it was released in 97 and then their apoplexy when Carmageddon was released the following year. But then I also remember their outrage at... well... everything...

• Haha 3