Hello from australia

THE_COMBAT_WOMBAT

Hi,

My name is Olivier, I am 14 years old. I am very passionate about aircraft, models and floatplanes. i have made a few models in the past, but none i have documented on any forums. I would be very pleased to get to learn of you guys. and hope you follow me on my builds.

Olivier

• Like 5

Welcome aboard Oliver. I’m Dave from Brisbane and also a passionate Aviation enthusiast from as long as I can remember. I only wish I had access to the excellent information and knowledgeable modellers on here when I was 14. My modelling would (hopefully) have been a lot better by now, but it’s a long learning curve and you have many years of enjoyment ahead of you.  Be sure to ask whatever questions you need answered. There’s always someone who is willing to lend a helping hand. 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1

3 hours ago, THE_COMBAT_WOMBAT said:

I would be very pleased to get to learn off you guys. and hope you follow me on my builds.

Hi Olivier, there is plenty to learn from the guys on BM, its a great place for that, even for old(ish) scrotes like me. I'll look forward to seeing you about & seeing some of your builds. :) A combat wombat, that'd be tank corp wouldn't it? ;) 

Steve

Edited by stevehnz

Hello Olivier,

Welcome to the forum I see you are another from Canberra.

Have you been to look at the ACTSMS Model competition in Kaleen? It is run in November but the club meets every month usually in Woden at the Hellenic club.

I am sure will learn plenty from the folks here.

Greetings from the other large ex-colony. I remember ( barely ) way back when I was 14 getting interested in 1/72 WW2 aircraft models. I lived on a farm 5 miles from a small town in Eastern Canada. It was an hours drive to the city that had one hobby shop. Other than the highschool and public libraries, there was no information available. A few years late a new bookstore opened in town and I had access to various aviation magazines and Scale Modeller magazine. Oh, how wonderful those were.

Now here you are, a member of this great forum. The folks here will assist you with whatever information you may need. ENJOY! And post pictures of your work.

Chris

• Like 1

Hello and :welcome: to Britmodeller from the SE corner of Wisconsin, USA. It's a great place to be. What all the above have written is true. My name is Joe; my interests are 1/72nd scale aircraft, any era.

I look forward to your builds, comments, and questions.

Joe

yes i have herd about ACTSMS but i havea tenancy to forget about their competition. In the past i have enterd (all in 1:72 scale) a RAAF De Havilland Moskito, a Me 110, and a grumman duck in the anual Royal Canberra Show Scale Modelling competition. I will look out for the ACTSMS comp.

thanks, Olivier

• Like 1

On 6/22/2018 at 6:19 AM, dogsbody said:

I remember ( barely ) way back when I was 14 getting interested in 1/72 WW2 aircraft models. I lived on a farm 5 miles from a small town in Eastern Canada. It was an hours drive to the city that had one hobby shop. Other than the highschool and public libraries, there was no information available

If you told kids that today, they wouldn't believe you. :D

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...

Bit late, sorry, but hi Oliver. I'm Dennis from the unchartered, barbaric north of Queensland.:pirate:

Like some others I'm an aviation enthusiast building solely in 72nd scale. The level and breadth of knowledge in the Britmodeller collective is truly staggering, and everyone is happy to share that knowledge and their experience.

DennisTheBear