Airfix Bf110 in Italian service.

Hi folk's,Heinkel 111 nearly done, just perused the Ju-88 sprue's ready for a start and decided to make it a trio of German twins with Airfix's release

of their re-tooled Bf-110,now every review of this kit tend's to talk more about Eduard's offering and this kit comes out second best which it well may

be true but I love an underdog and after checking the box content's I sort of love this kit.

42885325271_c6b145a513_c.jpg

And for a change will finish it in the Italian operated scheme.

29013136068_40aac118ff_z.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 8

Nice buy Steve, I’m building the 1950’s kit in the Airfix GB. It will be nice to see the comparison.

4 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Nice buy Steve, I’m building the 1950’s kit in the Airfix GB. It will be nice to see the comparison.

Yea saw your thread Ozzy be a good comparison I started this today.

• Like 1

Morning folk's,progress on the 110,the cockpit is sparse to say the least,that said not a lot can be seen through that heavily framed glazing so just

busied up with a few decal's and a pencil.

42160857885_2666d154a2_b.jpg

Once the cockpit is in place assembly is quick,I'm not a fan of the exhaust's being fitted before painting so I've left them to be fitted later.

42160864315_b9d47f80d8_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 5

Good choice Steve! I´ve built both Eduard and Airfix 110 Emils. I admit my next 110 kit will be an Airfix one. The Eduard one is maybe better detailed but also a bit on the flimsy side. The Airfix one builds like a dream :popcorn:. V-P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Good choice Steve! I´ve built both Eduard and Airfix 110 Emils. I admit my next 110 kit will be an Airfix one. The Eduard one is maybe better detailed but also a bit on the flimsy side. The Airfix one builds like a dream :popcorn:. V-P

I thought about the Eduard kit VP but just wanted a simple build concentrating on the paint and decalling,I think this one was the more expensive of the two

at my LMS.

Nice start Steve, there is definitely a bit more detail in your cockpit than on my kit. I saw one of these at least he Salisbury show for £8, I wished I'd picked it up.

• Like 1

Moved on a touch folk's,note the upper scheme has some black areas of splinter so I thought I'd go overall black then only two colour's to

mask.

28322674687_bf201f2e05_b.jpg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Steve. Wow! - another great build well underway! Looking good.

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank's Stix,I'm pushing on with this one if I run out of time the Ju88 will have to wait,really enjoying the new one build per GB policy started with the Stirling

I sat and realised since last Autumn I've only built for GB's and missing a few kit's I'd like to do a bit out of the ordinary.(and not much armour)

• Like 1

Yet more excellent progress Steve. Looking forward to seeing the camo when the masking tape is removed.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 6/28/2018 at 2:25 PM, vppelt68 said:

Airfix's kit is a nice one. But in my opinion Eduard's isn't bad, for some people panel lines on Airfix are to big. Off scale sort of speaking.  But it is meter of  personal taste as most  of  things  in our hobby. 

Nice build Steve, but is easier to paint RLM 71 and afterwards RLM 70.

Edited by Franz75
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Franz75 said:

Airfix's kit is a nice one. But in my opinion Eduard's isn't bad, for some people panel lines on Airfix are to big. Off scale sort of speaking.  But it is meter of  personal taste as most  of  thinks  in our hobby. 

Nice build Steve, but is easier to paint RLM 71 and afterwards RLM 70.

The old Monogram 1/72 Bf 110E is actually quite nice as well and we'll worth building even today.

• Like 1

Hi folk's.finished the painting and glossed the airframe for the wash,thought I'd give it the same treatment as the 'einkel as they were both

operating in the same area.

43233737092_3b1bb5876f_b.jpg

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Looking good Steve.

The camo scheme looks nice and I'm sure the wash will have the desired effect.

Keep up the good work mate.

Many thank's Craig,it's not the best photo but the black area's over the standard splinter scheme really does give it a different look.

1 minute ago, PlaStix said:

Lovely progress Steve.

Kind regards,

Stix

Many thank's Stix.

• Like 2

Morning folk's she's progressing further with the wash cleaned up and decal's 99% done,hoping that like the Heinkel once I spray the matt coat

the wash will tone down a shade and blend in nicely.Canopy painting next a little fettling needed for a snug fit.

41507302800_a5d74ec89f_b.jpg

• Like 6

Hi folk's not posted this one for  a while but she's coming together nicely,just now masked up for the white fuselage band.

29804763668_c93b09476e_b.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 4