Evening Airshow

roys

DSC_0849_zpsmqt0peem.jpg
DSC_0860_zpsrcshapfd.jpg
IMG_20180617_152236_128_zpslai8p1ii.jpg
IMG_20180617_153907_764_zpsimuagqxf.jpg

Enjoyed a trip to Shuttleworth this weekend. Journey from hell as the A1 was closed for roadworks but saw some nice countryside!

• Like 15

2 hours ago, Kev The Modeller said:

Lovely photographs, what camera/lens did you use?   

Nothing special - bit embarrassing standing there surrounded by all that superior gear!

Nikon D5500 crop sensor & Nikon 55-300 DX lens.

However a lot of people manage with old Bridge cameras so I think the better gear just makes things easier? 

Shot in manual mode & just tried different things. The light was quite variable but a bit of sunshine makes all the difference 

• Like 1

I was quite relieved that Shuttleworth is still the same, having not visited for a number of years.

Well worth a visit so long as the weather allows.

• Like 1

Great photos Roy, I was there as well and mine weren't anything like as good! I've been going to Old Warden for years but never seem to get the weather right (the drawback of buying tickets in advance) - I didn't expect to see the Edwardian stuff given the windy conditions, but this was the first time I saw the DH88 Comet flying so that's one little ambition finally fulfilled! 

• Like 1

Quite remarkable seeing the Mew Gull & being able to speak to the pilot who lifted the canopy to see the stark simplicity of it

Last saw it in the hanger at Breighton 2003 with the wings & cowling off, but I had never seen it fly before.

Such a unique thing to see historic aircraft operating off a small grass strip

• Like 1

Super photos. I was there too and the flying was excellent with the sun coming out at just the right time. I managed some great pictures as well, especially of the Comet and Hurrcanes,

andy

• Like 1

Nice photos, they bring back happy memories of a visit there while in the UK several years ago. 

I've long wondered though, how the hell do Comper Swift pilots see where they're going? :unsure:

Steve.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 4:04 AM, stevehnz said:

Nice photos, they bring back happy memories of a visit there while in the UK several years ago. 

I've long wondered though, how the hell do Comper Swift pilots see where they're going? :unsure:

Steve.

I bet they sideslip the living daylights of  it!

Mike

• Like 1

There's nowhere else in the UK like the Shuttleworth Collection. While other museums have gone down the "try to appeal to the widest possible market and therefore become as bland as a bland thing" route, the guys at Old Warden know exactly what they do best and keep doing it. Long may they continue!

One of my favourite places on the planet.

• Like 4

Roys,

now that first photograph  is Classy and priceless...:yikes:

STUNNING & CLEAR Shot.

:wub:   thank you very much showing your collection. Any more to share?🤗

thanks for sharing your JOY at Shuttleworth where I want to go one day..  :clap2:

• Like 1

Thankyou for your kind words Houston!

If you click on the pictures it leads you to a few more. 

It was my aim to get some classic shots which Shuttleworth is famous for.The Spitfire landing over the hedge & the house in the background which even my wife appreciated !!!

Hope you are keeping well! 

Regards Roy 

• Thanks 1

OMG.... thank you.:heart::clap2:

those are EXCEPTIONAL  photos... Spitfire looking quite iconic in your photography..  all are AMAZING...

:worthy:

now I am definitely jealous and Shuttleworth is on the wish list if not the bucket list!

HOORAH !!!

• Like 1