WILLYS MB JEEP, COMPONENT FOR DIORAMA 'PIT STOP'

On 6/20/2018 at 1:06 AM, Sairou said:

What is the long bar mounted on the front bumper?

Hi Sairou,

It's a wire cutter. The SS used to stretch piano wire across roads/lanes/tracks to decapitate allied motorcyclists and drivers of open topped vehicles like jeeps.

Rearguards,

Badder

14 hours ago, Kris B said:

Nice. 

Thanks Kris,

Much appreciated.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

On 6/19/2018 at 11:34 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Really like the Jeep Badder. Sorry to see you're having issue’s with Imgur. Personally i don't mind clicking on the links. 

Hi Dennis

Thanks. It was IMGUR'S 'copy' button that wasn't working properly. By ignoring it and actully copying and pasting the link itself it worked.

Strange how I can spend weeks sticking hundreds of ivy leaves to a building, but I don't have the patience to click on a link to view a photo!

Hope you are well.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Haha 1

Hello Badder ...I agree about the patience thing. I dont have the kind of patience you continue to display with your neverending Diorama build. The time spent on things like trees and bushes i just couldn't handle. So i salute you for that. Im doing fairly well thanks for asking. Hope you are as well ? 

Dennis

• Like 1

On 6/29/2018 at 5:29 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hello Badder ...I agree about the patience thing. I dont have the kind of patience you continue to display with your neverending Diorama build. The time spent on things like trees and bushes i just couldn't handle. So i salute you for that. Im doing fairly well thanks for asking. Hope you are as well ? 

Dennis

Hi Dennis, yeah I'm doing a lot better after a telling off from consultant! I'm getting my average blood sugars down by about 30 percent. and heading towards single figures. Still, it's a bleedin chore keeping up the momentum. It's all too easy to think 'I'm cured!' and to stop!

Aside from that I'm cracking on with the diorama for this Jeep and the Sherman, extending the building with new plaster casts and offcuts of old left-overs. I'll post pics in the relevent WIP tomorrow.

Keep well,

Rearguards

Badder

On 7/1/2018 at 9:11 AM, KonaDawg said:

Nicely done. OD looks pretty convincing.

Thanks KD,

The OD went quite a lot darker with the varnish applied, but as we all know OD covered a whole range of green/browns.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 2

Badder..

HOORAH !  Your Jeep takes the PRIZE for being SUPERB ..

Thank you for your persistence and PATIENCE with us wanting thingsNOW..

you did well on All FRONTS.

:clap2::yikes:🤫

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, HOUSTON said:

Badder..

HOORAH !  Your Jeep takes the PRIZE for being SUPERB ..

Thank you for your persistence and PATIENCE with us wanting thingsNOW..

you did well on All FRONTS.

:clap2::yikes:🤫

Hi Houston!

'T'was Imgur to blame, with their image link 'copy 'button' not working.  I realised that eventually and copied and pasted the links 'manually' instead. Their copy buttons were working later that day though. Silll, the situation caused some hilarity amongst BM members, which is always a bonus!

I've just edited this thread, removing or defacing the defective links because I don't know where they take those who click on them. I couldn't be bothered to check for myself.

Thanks for liking my Jeep. I am very pleased with how the acrylic inks have performed. The jeep will be loaded with some cargo/equipment and a figure, and will have mud/snow effects as well (to a greater or lesser extent)

I will post the actual finished, finished thing here when the time comes.

Rearguards,

Badder

Badder

Edited by Badder

• 3 months later...
On 6/25/2018 at 1:29 AM, Badder said:

Hi Sairou,

It's a wire cutter. The SS used to stretch piano wire across roads/lanes/tracks to decapitate allied motorcyclists and drivers of open topped vehicles like jeeps.

And the Resistance, Partisans, SAS etc did the same to the Germans.  But they never cottoned-on to the wire cutter idea.  Wire cutters are now a common fit on many military and internal security vehicles and even tactical helicopters.  Stringing a wire is still an easy low-intensity conflict weapon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yetifan said:

Really nice job @Badder the jeep looks great, I sympathize with the software agro, i’ve only just got the hang of flckr after much trial and error and swearing 😫

Cheers Yetifan.

Oh, I had worked out how to use Imgur ages ago. It was a glitch with their site that was the problem. Software eh? Nothin' works properly forever.

Rearguards,

Badder

On 10/16/2018 at 12:31 PM, witjas4 said:

Pretty nice weathering and chipping. What happened to the steering wheel ? :)

Cheers

Hi Witjas4,

I only built it to a 'pre-being-put-in-a-diorama' stage, so there's more weathering (mud) some dusting with snow, stowage, a figure or two and yes, the steering wheel to add. I didn't want to fit the steering wheel until I'd made the driver figure (IF I make a driver figure)

Not much in the way of chipping went on, but thanks anyway!

Rearguards,

Badder

23 minutes ago, Das Abteilung said:

And the Resistance, Partisans, SAS etc did the same to the Germans.  But they never cottoned-on to the wire cutter idea.  Wire cutters are now a common fit on many military and internal security vehicles and even tactical helicopters.  Stringing a wire is still an easy low-intensity conflict weapon.

Hi DA,

I apologise for maybe appearing to have been biased, I was merely saving the internet's ink reserves and extraneous wear on my typing finger. Yes of course all sides have used and still use wires.... in fact we had a case in my town a few years ago when some idiot stretched high breaking strain seafishing line across a cycle track (Fortunately the first person to come across it was a jogger and he won't be missed - I jest. He cut the line and reported it to the police)

Rearguards,

Badder