1/48 ICM Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX

For me, it was an unusual step into the "dark side" of 1/48, but I enjoyed the build. It was our club activity, we started the work on several ICM kits at the same time so we experienced a different problems on the same kit so good planning in building this kit is essential. Main problem was nose section which is better to be glued first, then the wingtips are thinner than the wing, so it is better to thin it before gluing wing halves together. There are some gaps and not logical steps in the instruction sheet so the Revell instructions helped a bit, especially when building it without the engine like me. Decals were Aeromaster set, Gunze colors, seat belts were scratched from paper. This kit had an appearance on our SIG Spitfire Serbia display table in Belgrade's New Years Cup. Hope you like it.

spitfiremkix_01.jpg?w=868&h=&zoom=2

spitfiremkix_02.jpg?w=868&h=&zoom=2

spitfiremkix_05.jpg?w=1250&h=

spitfiremkix_06.jpg?w=1250&h=

spitfiremkix_08.jpg?w=1250&h=

spitfiremkix_10.jpg?w=1250&h=

spitfiremkix_12.jpg?w=1250&h=

spitfiremkix_13.jpg?w=1250&h=

spitfiremkix_14.jpg?w=1250&h=

spitfiremkix_15.jpg?w=1250&h=

sig-spitfire-002.jpg?w=868&h=&zoom=2

• Like 19

That’s a lovely Mk.IX and I like the way you’ve kept the weathering to a minimum. Top marks for a lovely finish and great club display. 

Cheers.. Dave

• Thanks 1

She is a beauty. As Rabbit Leader remarked, your restrained weathering enhances her even further.

Your club SIG display is a great sight for a Spitfire lover – apparently modelling is in good health in Belgrade!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Thanks 1

Thank you everybody for your kind words. Regarding our SIG we run discussion board on our local modeller forum and a website. Hopefully we will have more Spitfires coming since everybody have several in the stash.

• Like 1