bazer

bazer

Hi guys not exactly a new member I joined a few months ago but only added a couple of posts and could not get any photos posted ,but got that sorted now and a few of you have left nice comments on my railguns and famo builds.

I think its time to add a little about myself, I started building plastic models about 55 years ago at about 15 years old, that gives you a idea of my age😔...

I started as most did with airfix and just about built everything  ie aircraft, ships etc etc at the age of about 25 went on to radio control aircraft and after a few years started to design my own and even got a plan published in a model magazine. 

The next bug to bite was american dragsters so bought every book i could on them after building a few kits i started scratch building ,this lasted about 10 years and I had a collection of over 120 mainly drags but also super cars, Ferrari's,etc on reaching the grand old age of 60 and looking forward to retiring I decided to pass on my dragster collection as  i did not want my models ending up in the trash bin when i kicked the bucket.😢 and through a modelling site in the u s a who i had been with for years I managed to have 75 of my models displayed in the National Hot rod Museum of america in its own display .( have a couple of pics if any car buffs interested).

Then one day I saw a 1 72 scale Dora railgun and had to have it! and that started me on military building but as I had a lot of large display cabinets from my car models that were only four and a half inches wide i decided to build 1 72 scale and scratch build or convert those there are no kits of such as railguns which i love building i am now running out of cabinets with 50 odd models built i also build all my models as a small diorama (or large as railguns and a few others ) as the figures give it scale . 

I am enjoying this forum and hope i have a few more years of building left ,sorry this has been a bit long winded ...

P S I was also a sculptor before retiring which is why i like building dios.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

Hello and welcome bazer.

Hope to see some of your sculptor expertise appearing in hints and tips.

I don't think my sculptor expertise as you say will be of any use as I sculpted birds and animals 😊.

Hello and :welcome: to Britmodeller from Wisconsin, USA, bazer. It's a great place to be. You may find that your skills are more useful than you believe. My name is Joe, live in the SE corner of the aforementioned state. I look forward to your builds, comments, and questions.

Joe

• Like 1