Audi R8 Mountain Bike Carrier

This is the Revell kit version. Other than the twisted, buckled floor, front and rear windows buckled, and side windows too long and too high and oh yes trying to fit the body over the interior, was nigh on impossible. I had to shave down the door panels, take off the dash and shave off the mounting to the floor and about a 1/4" round the top of the dash as it touched the body without the windows in!

With the engine surround there is a window panel at the back of the seats, this was also far too high and wide so shaved that down too! And a few other problems, too many to count!

Anyway here's the finished article.........................

photo1-th.jpg

photo2-th.jpg

photo1-th.jpg

photo3-th.jpg

photo3-th.jpg

The bikes, roof bars and top box come from a Fujimi kit. The decals are a Dot Camo from Scale Motorsport. The rear bike rack is scratch built.

Edited by PatW
  • Like 12

Thanks guys. No I wouldn't buy one personally, Because they are not practical enough for the family/shopping/going to the tip/carrying tools/shelving for my display cases and the flat-pack cabinets themselves. A Porsche 911 RSR perhaps, if I sold the house, which my wife of 50 years would be a bit annoyed about!

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Marco F. said:

So...some problems during the build...but sucessfully managed...looks good!!! But instead of the sporty luggage I would prefer some cases of beer😎😍...

They are in the roof box SHUSH!

8 hours ago, s.e.charles said:

good enough for a sag-wagon

Thanks s.e.charles.

Well Funky Chicken the word is compromise or just do what your told! Yes I've just passed the great seven _oh and keep telling everyone that we married when we were five! But for some reason no one believes me!

Yes Gorby selected deafness is a great asset!

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers KonaDawg. Our youngest son (48) although crashing on a downhill section on his head 3 weeks ago has had all the checks, x ray and physio, has gone with about 6 mates to Morzine, to do a weeks downhill riding! Hope he comes back in at least one piece!

• Like 1

Cheers KonaDawg. Matt normally does cross-country, the older son Mark (50) does downhill!

• 2 weeks later...