Saab 29A Tunnan 1:72

Hi guys.

For my first roll out here I choose one of my Swedish, finished in February this year.

32012759pr.jpg

The Tunnan in 1:72 scale comes from Tarangus and i used some etched parts from Maestro Models too. On the fuselage and wings I added some rivet lines. The aluminium finish was painted with different Alclad colors, the rest with Tamiya.

32012964un.jpg

32012963ax.jpg

32012962ky.jpg

32012959ba.jpg

32012960df.jpg

32012958dg.jpg

32012957mj.jpg

32012956ly.jpg

32012970bf.jpg

32012969go.jpg

32012968ga.jpg

32012967sb.jpg

32012965vu.jpg

32013014na.jpg

32013013xt.jpg

32013012we.jpg

Regards

Daniel

• Like 32

Nicely done on one of my favourite early jets. I like the way this plane can look dumpy & clumsy from one direction & sleek & elegant from another, your build has caught all its faces so well. 👍

Steve.

• Thanks 1

Daniel,

Roll out the Barrel! You did a great job on the metal panels, too. How does the Tarangus kit stack up against the old Heller release? IIRC wasn't the Heller kit  a later version with the sawtooth extension on the wings? I never got very far on my Heller kit, as I couldn't figure out a decent way to do the speedbrakes deployed. Well done!

Mike

• Thanks 1

Hi guys.

Thanks a lot, I´m glad you like the Tunnan.

14 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Daniel,

Roll out the Barrel! You did a great job on the metal panels, too. How does the Tarangus kit stack up against the old Heller release? IIRC wasn't the Heller kit  a later version with the sawtooth extension on the wings? I never got very far on my Heller kit, as I couldn't figure out a decent way to do the speedbrakes deployed. Well done!

Mike

I can´t this two kits as I never built one of the Heller kits. Tarangus did a very nice job with her Tunnan, there are fine engraved details and the fitting is okay, only ned some filling and sanding between wings and fuselage. Your right with the versions, the Tarangus is the first early Tunnan without sawtooth in 1:72 scale.

Regards

Daniel

18 hours ago, BerndM said:

Beautiful result and nicely presented. Is this a good kit ?

Thanks.

The kit is not bad, needs a bit more attention than Tamiya or maybe Hasegawa but nothing you couldn´t handle.

Daniel

• Like 1